Friday 1 April 2011

RIP Mr Bobby Duce

Let me think ... my life seems like nowt without been able to have a 'moan' about really the trivial, I'll change that to 'discussion' because I don't moan, (ooooh that sounds out of context now!!!!) Grumble/discussion. My heart went out yesterday, for the folk Bob had left behind, and believe me there will be many sorely touched by his loss.

Apparently several hundred attended the funeral, which was fantastically arranged with still shots of Bob thirty years ago when he was mates with my brother, snap shots of them trying to look cool leaning on a 'Marina' bumper which probably cost a whopping £100!!!

I loved Hillsborough before that also, we were so busy, and seemed to cycle miles against the wind. And Fred fixed my gears by tightening the pedal, which had jammed the kick plate (sorry if you ain't rubbing your thighs getting excited at the talk of 'kick plates')but some of us do. Did I confess to being geeky?

And whilst leaning on the bar, (as you do) talking to the couple, who my ex and his new wife my ex 'friend' took to Sicily to witness their Wedding last year.(very long winded, but you wouldn't have understood the potential awkwardness) But hey there was none so, I'm just not bothered really. I mentioned the possibility of a book, and we batted about a few titles, Hows about 'Carolin's Cycle' or does that sound like period talk? :D Carolin's Life Cycle'?

My Bruv dropped me off at the Rise, where I'd locked Ziggy to the post. P* on just 3 glasses of wine = a bottle though.I fell on my A* beetled for a bit, burnt with embarrassment, because it was quite busy. Was helped up, and cycled home wi me fish and chips.

Next time I'm going on about, bloody no money, or being misunderstood, or any of the usual cookies, that I go on about. Just remind me, at least I've got a life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, wow - you remembered the techy fix for the gears! And it isn't obvious!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete