Tuesday 14 June 2011

Me v Headway???

Perhaps that's a bit strong, but that's how it felt for a time at the BIRRP meeting today. 1st on the Agenda was The Way Ahead Conference, that Steph (a guy) and myself have been asked to speak at. About how to become an accepted member of the community. I had brought along some photographs of myself, doing what I love best, and that is Cycling with Steve (CTC) and others usually and seeing their faces, when they move independently :) I love that.

I know, everyone has every ones best interest at heart, and I do agree Children and Vulnerable Adults should be made to wear cycle helmets. But as for the responsible adult, shouldn't it be a choice? I say choices not barriers, to cycling, and just generally living, isn't it?

Because although Headway, really do think they are doing the right thing, by holding Social Evenings, and outings. Learning to Cycle was in fact far more necessary/sociable/economical/Character building, than a game of ten pin bowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment