Thursday 7 October 2010

:o) or :o(

I rang the deli, who made me a banquet fit for kings/queens, and collected that once I'd seen my nippers off to school.

I arrived at Hillsbro' to see Fred, Wren, and Nick all swarming round helping the group that didn't want filming last week. Eeeeeeeek I felt a little awkward, because you could see they were uncomfortable with the idea, that the cameras were back. We didn't appear to have enough 2 wheelers, so I asked Wren if he wanted to borrow Ziggy, and I'd sit and wait for the Camera guy. Of course he jumped at the chance :) Reporting that he too had found the Slumfph slipping at times. I really must take her to be looked at, I don't mind if it's only £15

At 11 Autism Plus arrived, and as I had hoped they were still so enthused by the idea of being on tv. They all grabbed their usual trikes, and we had a leisurely cycle to the ball courts. There was Steven, an older guy (known as the Master of Catchphrases, that are always slightly wrong. 'A stitch in time, never blows!! and others) he rode my old Gretal, complete with pink hooter, that I had put on her. He did get so much pleasure out of honking the horn!! And Luke, who's been coming now for about 6 weeks, and to think it took us 2 weeks to even get him to sit on a low rider (without it even moving) A further 2 weeks to get him to successfully rotate the pedals. And today, he totally surpassed and must have done 20 laps of the ball court :) I get on very well with the staff, who all seem so positive, about making Autism more understood, by all.

The camera man seemed to be happy with the plenty of banter he was capturing. After we all took our trikes back, and I received hugs from them all which weren't for the camera, because I'm not sure when he left. (i didn't enjoy my usual, 'edgy' (dereks word) chit chat with him.)

I did phone Mark, to ask whether he'd seen the footage, and that was before I'd even left. He said he had, and all I could do was wait. Ahhhhh he wasn't giving owt away.

Fred, and I returned to the lodge where Steve M, and lots of other Cycle for Health folk were. I met a guy who had learnt to cycle, for the first time and I don't want to guess, but he was maybe in his 50s. (I'm so sorry if that's wrong) And he was/is so bowled over by the experience, it was great listening to him. This is why Steve does it, I thought because I too felt a bit emotional. This is why He spent 4 and a half hours in the rain, trying to help me turn right at a busy junction.

I think he is wise though now, he knows if I want to do s'thing I will do it. It's not because I'm lazy that I don't do thing's. Perhaps my insecurities have s'thing to do with the top of my brain searing off, in 1988. Just maybe that's why 'I don't do traffic'

1 comment:

  1. Florian Schlumpf actually rides a unicycle and he built the origiunal geared pedals for his unicycle so I sw this awsome 36" wheel unicycle at the show yesterday which can hit 25-30mph for commuting - awesome.

    Checked out subsurface tube St Pancras and Earls Court have full lift access and I think that same applies to Piccadilly line - well if it doesn't work at Earls Court you should be able to cobble something up at Hammersmith and Gunnerbury to come back to Earls Court.

    This cold is crap - coughiong all the time - aches (some may be due to Thursday's crash). Suggest tube to Earls Court whether or not you take Ziggy - so only use will be local - short trips from Ibis Hotel (next to Lillie Bridge Depot) to West Brompton entrance and the connection from Earls Court is out from Warwick Road Entrance and through exhibition centere roads to Lillie Road entrance. Sticj with the gang - most are staying at the Ibis anyway

    ReplyDelete