Wednesday 6 October 2010

Tim, at The Bike Tree, is my shining star at the moment. He was so incredibly helpful. My lights on Ziggy, seem to fall off so often, (possibly because she's lifted in and out of taxis, a fair bit) I thought I'd better be prepared, in London. So I enquired about some easy to fit, because I'm so 'ham fist ed' lights? Anyway Tim said, I've got just the thing, and found a front and back light, to be secured by a strip of Velcros, perfect. They were only lights that would make me visible to other drivers, but as I don't do any off road normally, I think they will be fab.

I had a really funny request, from Victoria Bradford, (the business manager, who came to assess Inclusive Cycling) asking me to list the first 5 people, I would ask about cycling in Sheffield, and number them 1-5. :D I said that's easy for me to answer, and just listed Steve Marsden 5 times!!! I'm such a creep

I'm back to not cycling in London, I can't borrow one as planned, :( But it takes any pressure off.


Oooooooooooh just spoken to ITV, to see if there was any news and make my case for winning :D Anyway, he phoned me back 20mins later, and asked if they could come and do some more filming tomorrow!!! Eeeeeek, I've not even been to the hairdressers!!! and no one will be there to hold my hand :D I'll live, might not win but...... It's very exciting!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm... are Boris's new rental bikes down in That London any good? Nah, I don't do two wheels either... Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's a right shame they don't do basic tricycles. I reckon, a few folk may try having a go, who hadn't previously thought about it???

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are brave Caroline. It could be devastating if nobody notices that you haven't been to the hairdresser. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having tried an upright trike recently I'll pass on that. But a nice, easily adjustable recumbent, with a sticker set to cover up the ads would be nice :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, the wobbly one you tried when I was there!! I don't think I'd dare go on Gretel now, after the luxury and ease of a recumbent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cinderella - cut the wobbling - I'll still be trying to get you & Ziggy on the train if you want a trike in town. What trains are you planning to catch?

    Doors are NOT a problem - its only 3 cm over the 80cm limit advised and I think the opening widths are bigger than this. I can check tomorrow morning. Plus of course the trike will go in on its side or vertically.

    ReplyDelete