Saturday 12 February 2011

Wheely lovely (bum bum)

Awwwww thank you to Carol and Rob, who could read no more of my struggles, and saggy bum!! So at only the cost of expenses, came to my house this morning, and fixed Ziggy in a jiffy. Nothing too complex, if you know what it is :) type of thing? It was my Kick Plate on the left, which has the higher gears on it, and generally has more ooomph, and seems to be on a bigger cog??? because I reckon the wheel rotates less per foot in measurement???? Don't laugh because I'm not sure of the terms :Dx

I've got to be honest, and say I didn't do a lot today, and I don't really know why? Maybe it was because I'd got my beautiful house back, and my children were in and out with there mates, which was nice. Or was it because I'd had a few 'BIG' meetings this week, and my body had held out, and was now taking a breather??? Hey I know, it's not much, but it doesn't take a lot does it?

I've actually got a presentation with Steve (CTC) Tuesday, but I'm not sure if it's going ahead as he hasn't said owt about it. And to be honest, I feel a bit strange, promoting a service that is fab, for those who don't mind going to Day Centres, and receiving more 'Care' but for me who needs help and support with correspondence, I don't think it works, because for me personally they were crap, when I had a flood. And unfortunately I did tell them what I thought.....I think I made a few enemies there then, oooops.

Hey Good News, this woman got in touch from virginie.kan@bespokemillinery.com> to offer me her services, although she couldn't really say a price yet, until she'd done a bit of research, she did seem quite enthused by the whole thing....so :)

6 comments:

  1. What was up with the seat then?

    Not happy this w/e Monday could be really rotten day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One idea - use a wheel hub which can clip in to hair at the crown (back) of the head and carry 3 fan shapes created with spokes, splayed out from the flange holes, or an umbrella shape from half a hub and spokes lead out horizontally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh I think I follow a bit, trouble is she was quick to tell me she wasn't a welder!! So I was thinking along the lines of plaited and woven spokes. Also she explained that it wasn't gonna be the materials that determined the cost, it was the time and effort. But coincidently she's in Guildford of all places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No welding involved at all - use the spokes and you could use fragments of wheel rim to link the ends. Probably require investment in a spoke threading and cutting tool/machine so you can make the special lengths required to form the shape.

    The hub can be embellished with a disc brake disc fitted to the flange, and mini LED lights or those rechargeable ones that go into the USB socket on your computer

    Remind Rob to let me know what was happening to make your seat sink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you do it on purpose Dave? I just can't do technical, you lost me on the word fragment!!!

    I think you've just Reminded him yourself!!

    But I'll try and shout louder :)

    ROB COULD YOU PLEASE LET DAVE KNOW, WHAT WAS UP WITH MY SEAT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi C

    Glad you are sorted!
    :0)

    ReplyDelete