Saturday 10 July 2010

Fish Friday :)

I'm very lucky, I just don't appreciate things when I'm down, but I do know I will be ok next week at this time. Thankfully for me, life will be getting back to normal as of Thursday, apparently. But eeeeek I've got no electricity on Tuesday!!! What will I do without my computer??? And my experience has told me, that there are always frustrating problems, reconnecting.

Anyway, I had been bowled over by every ones offer of help and support in my application for my Cert Ed. I'm so sure I'd be able to do the type of work, it would qualify me to do, and I think with a bit of effort, I could even manage the studies. But as for the application form, and downloading it and printing it, and completing it.....whooooosh. I know it's a relatively simple process, and sometimes it works for me, and sometimes not... :D Horace was my first saviour, yesterday. He is a paid community support worker, (does that make me sound unintelligent???) He helps me as and when, and it was an as and when situation, I thought. So the poor guy spent 2hours at my house, moving printers, and using memory sticks to transfer data. All of which I just haven't got the nouse to do, or haven't ever been shown.

Meanwhile I was chasing up my sexy black support stockings, (urrr not at all!!) and a bin liner full of bandages. Zap!!! In flies the service of Richard, who collected them for me and dropped them off all safe and sound at mine, where he would be returning later. Then the wonderful Kath arrived at mine, making me feel totally humble. She is a receiver of an Individual Budget, like myself, and helps with the Self Directed Support training I do. She is in a wheelchair, and caught the 97 bus to my house!! Being an ex teacher herself, she kinda knew what was required of me, and the type of answers the University were looking for.

Builders, plumbers, electricians were all still wandering freely around my house, rooms were emptied upstairs and cupboards in the kitchen. I want so much to be organised!! Oh, and I've got an infestation of ants :( Julie arrived at about 2, making some light hearted joke about borrowing the wheelchair. She had presumed it was mine, from years ago. And was mortally embarrassed when Kath chirped up, that she couldn't !! I arranged to go to the pub after school, with Julie for tea, and truck loads of children, if she met everyone from school. Bedlam, builders, boisterous urrrrm beautiful (what did you think?)kids. Called into get changed after school, Kind Kath, set off on the ardious journey home. I set off like the pied piper to Julies house and onto the pub, on my trike of course.

My daughter, at the pub fended off 3 boys who all were putting bids in for taking her to the end of school prom!! She's 11, and I was very proud of her but extemely fearful of the years to come!!

Oh yeah, and remember Mums nurse? ;) I cycled swiftly back home from the pub to meet him, at mine. But urrrm no funny business, remember I've not had a shower for 4 days...urgh, re the title. xx

1 comment:

  1. An auction for who takes her to the prom - sounds like she'll be keeping you in your old age with a head on like that!!!
    What were the bids? Is it up to booking a limo to pick her up yet? A helicopter????

    ReplyDelete