Tuesday 8 June 2010

My Cycling Story

I aim to please, the key players who have played such a massive part in my success story. Depending on the readership I can usually make a story 'fit the need', and still be truthful at all times. I just don't know anymore though? Sorry.

Today I got the kids off to school..late !! And cycled in the rain, to see my Mum. Which is two and a half miles away, on a very busy road. Ahhhh bless her, she was looking well, I wanted to cry because she has always been the most unselfish woman I've ever met. And she insisted that I take my children to York CTC Rally. As apposed to stay for her b'day.

I then cycled home, calling off at the new Bike Tree, it was closed!!! I had been all excited at getting my 6mm Allen Key!! (how sad am I?)

For some reason, although it's uphill on the way back, I find the ride much easier, than the downhill on my way to visit. Maybe it's because I'm a bit wussy, still and I tend to pick up speed, very easily. One thing I did notice today was how courteous, big burly HGV drivers are, unlike the bus drivers, my beloved Pat being the exception.

Once home, it was a quick turn around and off to Tesco, Pat's back on Monday hopefully. I must text my very helpful friend :) I raced rouind just grabbing a few things. Got wet on top of wet, again. My clothes were beginning to itch they were so wet. I had just enough time to speak with a couple of folk, all of which were a bit negative. Dashed out, to get my children, and now ....bliss, I can be self indulgent, selfish and egotistical, and write my blog.

I got a bit of a tickin off for neglecting my leg, nursey phoned my moby, whilst I was in Tescos, booking me in at 830 tomorrow before I go to work.

6 comments:

  1. 2.5 miles out 2.5 miles back 1 mile to the school 1 mile back and the T run - you'll be hitting double figures soon - lets crack open a bottle of Lucozade!

    Don't trust all the HGV drivers though - you have not got a big construction site on the go - the guys in the big trucks delivering to the big supermarkets are generally not paid by the load, and are mature and relaxed - tipper trucks and their like tend to be driven a bit less sedately so watch for them.

    Clothes-wise we need a fashion/practicality session I think. 1) dump the jeans 2) get good dark polyester-wool mix trousers that dry quickly and can be worn damp - consider plus two's perhaps with calf length pop socks - up top wear wool - after all sheep are waterproof. Alternatively on warm rainy days ride in a swimsuit (or are you open to bribes NOT to wear one)

    Generally though it's not really worth bothering about special waterproof clothing as it also keeps the water inside inside and that ain't a clever idea if you plan to keep on sweating like a fat lass on the odd occasion of mild exertion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, to recognise my effort and gi me the credit. Even though, I think the exertion was a little more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I got a replacement - the trail of evidence is clear though - the pig is finding all the numbers to reload. The girl he texted 11 times is not impressed, he has stubbornly refused to admit he has/had the phone and return it so matter now with Police

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well no one, gave him more chances than you Dave. More fool him, because I imagine he's lost his job now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always so great to see people getting out on their bikes. Good job.


    Darryl

    ReplyDelete