Saturday 30 January 2010

Ever expanding circle of friends :)

Began the day at the solicitors, sorting out the final ramifications of my divorce, calling for a coffee at Millhouses Park, with my good mate on my friend on my return. Eeeeeeek I visited the nurse for a dressing change, and suggested to her that we chase up the lymphoedema nurse, because I cant see how, my scars gonna knit together, when it's been pulled apart constantly by the swelling in my left ankle. (I'm not selling myself very well, am I?) I have to tackle a busy junction, and cross over a dual carriageway on Jezza, to get to the Drs, I feel so confident doing that now, because of the fantastic extended wing mirror, that West Country Recumbents supplied. Zoomed upto school after for my children.

That evening, I arranged to meet at the local, a guy from CTC, who I had chatted to on the Inclusive Cycling Forum. Along with my usual mates and children at the pub for some food. It was freezing out, litrally. And I must ask my local if they can provide somewhere for me to park up. Dave left me, I gave him directions to the train station in Dronfield, and off he drudged up a massively steep hill. But atleast he'll soon be warm!!

2 comments:

  1. Great to see happy posting again!
    Watch that confidence there - don't forget to be careful too!!!
    How did that shed bike lock job work out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was very deceptive dry cold but the sheet of ice outside the pub was a good warning sign. Fantastic night for cycling though as the full moon made lights practically superfluous. 2 lungbuster climbs on foot (1 speed bike) but otherwise rideable avoiding the trench (breaking up and potholed) on the left side of the road and pockets of ice in the puddles. Main road at the top was better but still some lumpy bits to keep well out and clear of and watch for tell-tale signs if ice - braking more than riding at times. Made Dronfield with 5 min to spare before the train, so no need for extra 4 miles to Chesterfield. Never checked how long that took.

    PS the fish & chips at the pub is a handsome meal.

    PPS no problems with cold - just wear tweed.

    ReplyDelete