Tuesday 19 January 2010

i LOVED TODAY

I LOVED TODAY :)

We woke bright and early, and the weather didn't really reflect my mood, because it was dank, and a little chilly. But not as cold as it's been, or is forecast. I didn't really care, because rain or shine I was gonna ride Jez today. I arrived at Cycle For Health, in a taxi paid for by the Health Champions. Barry, Louise and Ken, were the 3 cyclists I recognised, and we all had a good laugh at my bmx accident, that wasn't that funny really. :(

It felt weird backing onto Jezz, (having the spikes in between my knees, the very ones that 3 weeks ago had caused such damage) Anyway I had said that one of the things I had wanted to practice was getting on and off Jezz. And today, i was mostly working with .....John. (I feel like there should be a drum role) What a star, and how much ingenuity, does he have. He considered the problem, went and fetched a chunk of wood, and an axe, chopped at the wood, and hey presto, he'd got 2 chunks of wood?? He showed me where to place them so that I could lodge the brake on. And it doesn't move. Wow!!!
We rode round, meeting up with Ken, in the playground, it was there that I met my puncture also. Ken, kept testing me, and I've got to say anything I learnt from Fred, had gone. It's a brain thingy I suppose, but I do feel very stupid when I can't retain owt.


Apparently Barry is coming with me tomorrow, to do the school run and to fix my mirror on. Which leaves me no excuse not to go further afield.

I was picked up by my taxi, courtessy of Health Champions, rushed home. Had 30mins till my next taxi picked me up to take me to a fantastic afternoon, where I was a case study for 3 folk to take down details and come up with a care package for me. It was great, they laughed at all my jokes, :D and said that the afternoon had flown, and didn't seem like work. They were great, so welcoming, it would have been very difficult for a shy person not to feel valued, and confident.

Now......My wee boys gone to Beavers, My big girls a Sheffield sports champ :)

My leg looks dreadful, the gps phoned and told me, I needed to double up on my anti biotics. Which Julie Andrews fetched for me, because she's nice.

West Country Recumbents, have been in touch to say they are on the case.

And thank you everyone for taking such an interest:) It makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Jezz takes to the road again! (well nearly...)
    Carol had me working on the spec of your trike tonight to get the last the bits on order.
    And I've still got Jelly Legs from riding at the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, poor you, but was it you who said to me, no gain no pain?

    Fantastic news about the trike, I'll have to think of a new name.

    ReplyDelete