Monday 18 January 2010

ICDH

Today, I woke, and my very friend had slept the night, downstairs. I was sad going down, because he's like a Central heating radiator, that needs bleeding. Instead of radiating positivity, he drains and leaks negativity. Anyway, the children had stayed at their Dads, so that was cool. I just had to worry about myself, when he'd left at 8.30.

I entered the ICDH class, and immediately my mood lifted, because everyone either had enough awareness, to know that feeling positive about yourself was good for your soul. Or perhaps they recognised that it was something they needed, to learn to do. And they were doing something very positive by attending the 2nd week, of the course.

The lesson passed quickly, and it was good to know a little bit more about my fellow classmates. And infact reveal, a bit more of me!!

We were asked to describe our own view on health and well being.

I know, I dont eat well, but having 2 young children, I know the importance to their energy levels, the impact food can have. And always buy decafinated coke etc. And I do try to limit ther amount of sweets, (quite difficult) Unfortunately for myself, I do recognise there is room for improvement. Especially since my cycling accident. And I aint been burning any calories on the school run.

I do think though, one of the most important factors is to be aware. So that 'you' recognise, the need for improvement.

Personally my own health has always been fair, despite having controlled epilepsy, and no spleen. Which effects my auto immune system.

I have a happy disposition now, but I haven't always been that way. When my ex husband left me, 3 years ago, I wallowed in pity, crying everyday for 16months. But I'm so glad I did, because I now believe I grieved over the death of that relationship. And could begin another one without any hang ups. But I also believe an essential part of me being ready for a new relationship. Is not needing one, if that makes sense? I now have my own identity, and I like Caroline.

I didn't cycle to school, I bottled it!! I'm still scared of knocking my leg, but I have booked my taxi to take myself and Jezz (my trikle) to Cycle For Health tomorrow. So although nervous, I know there will be plenty of folk to provide reassurance tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like job interviews - the easiest, most relaxed job interview is for the job that you don't need! No, seriously, if you already have a job and the interview is for a better one which would be nice but if it doesn't happen, well...
    Hey, I got out for a 36 mile ride yesterday. First time road riding that distance since my accident over a year ago. You've driven me out to ride - now get out there again yourself!!!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its great to see people who have been through some sh*t having such a positive outlook. You'll have great fun on the trike today I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete