Wednesday 6 January 2010

I kind of took the bull by the horns last nite, and wrote to radio Sheffield, and asked if Steve (ctc) and I could go on, and then I wrote to Steve informing him. :D Luckily he was cool about it, I am really chuffed that he trusts me to say the right thing. Anyway we are both going out live tomorrow morning at 11.15. Talk about 'Carpe Diem' or seize the moment, I received an invite as well in my mails, asking me if I wanted to take part in an Empowerment Forum, in York. And wow, I think the CTC and myself, have such a proven case that cycling is a fantastic way of of gaining empowerment. I mean look at me 8 months ago, I was still broken and bitter about my ex, the fact that I had a disability just magnified my apparent dependance, on a partner. I am so glad cycling came along .......no I sought it out!!! Because it's fantastic being told that I'm good at something, even if it does mean it's a good effort for me. I know, and no one can deny that I am a good communicator, which means I can reach out to others both non disabled and those with a disability, and show them the many positives of owning a cycle. There are so many people who I owe gratitude to, in those early days at Endcliffe Park at Cycle For Health.

It's been hard work the past 8 months, but the most satistfying 8 months of my life.

Anyw

2 comments:

  1. But what about the real news - how is your war wound coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just listened to the piece on Radio Sheffield. Great stuff. I'll be looking out for a recumbent trike in Sheffield now.
    Rob in Worksop

    ReplyDelete