Friday 26 February 2010

Rob3

I resisted the urge, to do the school run, even though I knew I could with ease :). It may have had s'thing to do with having no children to take, as they clambered into next doors car. Instead I caught up wi folk, I'd been neglecting, before zipping off to meet Rob3. It was pouring it down with rain, as I cycled down the dual carriageway. (aren't you impressed?) But I'm really glad there was a cycle lane, and do you know I've lived in my house for 20 years, and I've never noticed it. (I'm not a driver though!!) That's before my days of examining every cycle and rider I see, and giving a secret sign, sticking my for finger and little finger out. (not really)

I met Rob3, I do hope that things work out for him. I knew the emotions he was experiencing, all the doubts and fears, if things didn't work? It wouldn't be because he didn't want it, or because folk hadn't tried. I'm not kidding the jungle drums had beaten through the cycle fraternity, and everyone had given advice. (!!!!hey I've just looked up fraternity, which implies FATernity, and it that it's overweight people-sorry). I cycled home, discovering a cycle path behind the shops, which cut out a massive hill:) - nice.

Once home, Julie Andrews and my cleaner were in to applaud my efforts, I'm such an attention seeker. I zoomed off to get my children, which took 10 mins, maximum. (It used to take 25 mins on Gretel) It took 3 mins to get home. I do wish they'd repair the huge f* divots in the road, and properly, instead of bunging a bit of cheap ash felt in. Which shrinks and cracks with the cold!!! (rant over)

Anyway, Im not sticking to the story.....again. Received word from Rob3 that his trike had arrived in the shop, and he was going to collect it in the morning :) I'm so excited for him!!!! I texted Steve, and told him. And to be honest he was just as happy with the buzz I got out of it, and the fact that it was the ripple effect. From him investing in me :)

6 comments:

  1. Have you found this website:
    http://www.fillthathole.org.uk/
    It lets you report pot holes so that the council can fix them. Or if they don't and you or your friends or their rides get damaged then you've got proof they knew about it...
    It is a bit fiddly to do first time through, but is easier on the 2nd use.
    Anyway, passing that along is my good deed for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to deflate your moment, but I've 'filled my hole' twice (oooer). And the cheapskate council filled it with gypsy tarmac, consequently after all the snow had gone, so had the tarmac.

    Are you gonna brave it this weekend and cycle a fair few miles?

    Any more news on Ziggy?

    I was blessed when you gave/loaned me that mirror extention. I wouldn't have managed without it today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been reading your blog for a while now and just wanted to say that you're an inspiration!
    Also, you may want to go look at http://www.cyclestreets.net - it is an excellent route planner!

    Best of luck and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, hello William. I'm beaming now!! Thank you so much for telling me your thoughts. I find writing my blog quite cathartic at times. And I actually look forward to sharing experiences, if I've done s'thing I'm proud of. Ahhhh you aint got a profile????

    I'll check out your suggestion.

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ain't arrived yet sister - when you get respec from the guys ridin de fix wheel wi de courier bags an de right trouser rollin up then you is real wi de machine.. and you does no secret hand signals - it's in de tilt o de head - jus so - an no big noddin stuff like dem silly dogs in de back o de cars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I know, I can but dream!!! Have I met you?

    :D You made me laugh anyway, thanks.

    C x

    ReplyDelete