Friday 19 February 2010

I'm back :)

Did anyone miss me? nowts happened in my mundane life, so I aint signed into tell you nowt :)

Wow, my heads a bit busy. I feel a bit of a fraud, because it's all to do with stuff, around Inclusive Cycling and Cycle For Health, but I haven't been on Jezz since Tuesday, I'm such a wuss! brrrrrr .

I had a meeting at 1015 at Zest, where I am a Health Champ, so I discussed the benefits of being the only Champ with a physical disability. And how easy Nigel West had made things for me, but never letting me feel as if I was being 'looked after' I have had choices all the way. About what I needed, in order for me to continue being a succesful Health Champion.

I had to fly from there, in order to pick up some pantomime tickets, for Upperthorpe tomorrow. Miriam who looks after the HC, has a starring role. So it's good for me to be seen with my kids I think. and I want to support Miriam because she is kind.

11.00 I attended the Brain Injury Research & Rehabilitation Partnership, I've got to say for me personally it was a bit heavy going, concentration fact filing and paper work are not my fortei. I do feel that meeting and being 'pink and fluffy' and 'unicorns and marshmellows' , are my strengths.

Mark, the centre manager explained how it was 'head Injury week' in May, and we were having a bit of a display at the Town Hall. And how maybe I'd like to speak at it? about my interests besides BIRRP. Now I see this as a massive opportunity, to even things out a bit, as it is generally thought that brain injury treatment, is apposed to cycling. Or is that in my imagination, maybe it's all the cycling helmet posters and leaflets, hanging around the Rehabilitation Centre.

Oh 'Hi Dave' If you wanna pop in on the way back from your meeting, you are more than welcome.

Kev, let me speak with Steve on Monday about the suitability of venues for meets/sleeps in Sheffield.

And Rob1, I promise I will exercise Jezz tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Jezz's brother 'Castrol' (his model name is GTX - and those of us of a certain edge may remember the TV advert) is going out for a ride tomorrow too - assuming I can drag myself out of bed... It was rather too cold and snowy this morning!
    Still waiting for my new trike to arrive for my ride around Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I aint the only one whose put off by the cold.
    Have you planned your route, for your round Britain trip? I mean are you stopping at youth hostels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually went to see a film tonight - 2 films actually - both starring - well the only person featured - Tilda Swinton, and 21 years between them. Both filmed at same locations and both feature Tilda riding a bike.

    Film 2 (in order of showing) 1988 - a tour of Berlin - raw - edgy waving to the East Germans and peeping over & under the wall.

    Film 1 (in order of showing) 2009 - a tour of the invisible wall and all that implies - softer but still challenging and a dedication to the new walls divifing new places which have risen to replace the Berlin wall

    Certainly worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BIRRP?!? That's gotta be one of the best acronyms I've heard - I'll stop chuckling in minute, honestly, I will :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kev, it stands for....Brain Injury Research & Redevolopment Partnership. :D

    Pleased to see a comment from you :)

    ReplyDelete