Wednesday 15 December 2010

An email I sent today.

I am a brain damaged person, with a low IQ (it's been diagnosed) and even I can see the solution to my problems is a spare trike. Because I actually 'GET' the thought process behind SDS, maybe because of it's simplicity. Why don't these highly trained folk get it??? Maybe I can invite them to live my life for a day. And they would see how, such a simple answer, just does exactly what they seem to swear by,(it ticks all the boxes)

I don't know why I'm bothering though, because I can't have a more genuine case, I mean I think Jeanette and Mary knew me before I learnt to cycle. And I'm sure they can see the freedom my trike has given me.

I get the impression, that you want me to forget about this bit of my Support Plan, but this is the bit thats SO obvious.

If the Panel can't understand, I'm baffled as to what they've been hearing???

I really am upset by all this, because I see the simplicity of something so fantastic as SDS, and the benefits to ALL getting absolutely trashed by a load of intellectuals who don't fuckin get the picture!!

And YES Simon, I'd love to meet everyone on Thursday night. Thanks for asking.

4 comments:

  1. You are merely going through the same process (aka ordeal) as Tony Collins of Virgin West Coast Railway. This week a new train was delivered, ordered at least a year later than it should have been, because the men at the minstry wos uld not authorise the purchase, and now to be stored for 18 months because the boss Phil Hammond and Theresa (Cruella de) Villiers refuse to give Mr Collins an extension to the franchise to reflect the cost of commissioning and getting the new trains running to relieve the over crowding - which I've experienced (50 passengers standing for the entire 4 hours 20 min trip London-Glasgow)

    The PBO is staring them in the face but someone cannot back down from thier official position - otherwisxe everyone will want to have a deal - no one wants to blink first.

    In another part of the Country £24m worth of new trains are in store whilst commuters are rammed on to old ones of which there are too few.

    Here's the Virgin pendolino tale - Barbie refers to both the First Group livery and the blond ex-First Group MD of East Coast Railway.

    Enjoy http://railwayeye.blogspot.com/2010/11/villiers-vignettes-on-barbielino.html

    Stick at it usually someone works out a redefinition of the accounting category and suddenly it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave for hearing my winges!!

    Hey I'm gonna meet Cycle Sheffield and your mate Simon tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy tonight - don't leave Ziggy late at the bus stop though. You might consider negotiating with the Totley Tesco* Metro if they are open late, about a secure and well lit place to park and catch the bus on the main road, or one of the pubs (don't expect me to know the name of every pub in Totley)

    *Since you are obviously such a good customer of theirs you deserve something back - and a secure place to 'park' at the bus stop for getting in to SHF would be handy.

    It is god that you can engage with Cycling Sheffield as well as the CTC group, and Simon bridges across the full spectrum - maybe you can become a Sustrans ranger whilst you are at it, and press them on that thorny issue of creating a cycle route network which is great ... for able bodied cyclists, but a tad inconsistent when it comes to getting along past barriers and less well surfaced parts.

    I'll e-mail you on that liability thing - as a CTC member you get third party insurance for cycling - one key reason most people initially join and then they get won over to doing other things like campaigning or leisure rides (or the beginnings of Inclusive Cycling). A big church with room for all inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about inviting them to come and spend a day with you?

    ReplyDelete