Friday 3 December 2010

life line

It's a bit scary to admit, but cycling has become my life line? I was a bit shocked when I read it in Steves note to my SW, but he really was right!!

A woman phoned this evening and I can't for the life of me, remember her name? durrrrrrrr,but I had to email a copy of my eeeeek.....achievements like journeys to where? how far? how frequent?how it made me feel? And post them onto a guy named Paul McKenna (doesn't he bend spoons?)I think she was from Sustrans.

I feel pretty crap, I had huge battles to make my big girl go to school, 'You are the cruelist Mother!!!' she screamed, as I pushed her out the door this morning. I must admit, I wouldn'ty have gone out. But I remember :) when I were a lass (a very slim one too)we always had snow like it's been this time. And I had to walk about 3 miles uphill to Silverdale School. We never had days off!!!

My wee boys mate was round for tea, and his Mum was lovely and fetched some food and wine :)

Another friend called to see if I needed owt, which was nice because she aint been before, and she sounded keen to come to the Spit, with me and the kids :)

Do I sound desperate?

5 comments:

  1. More adventurous than some of us - I'm planning a duvet day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been out on the bike most days and it warmed up nicely yesterday & rained - Sun shining solidly since 8am and all is thaw thaw thaw, and guess what the first visit by a gritter truck in our street!

    Would have been great if I could have had my kids to enjoy the snow, building snowpersons fitting studded bike tyres and towing them on sledges etc....

    Greatly overplayed I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cabin fever? well as its christmas get working with the arts & crafts stuff http://tinyurl.com/2u355k2 build your own Christmas tree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just started a campaign for studded tyres in our size -349 by pestering Schwalbe to make some.

    http://www.schwalbe.com/gbl/en/kontakt/formular/?ID_Seite=147&tn_mainPoint=Kontakt&tn_subPoint=

    Watch for wrapped URL

    ReplyDelete