Monday 6 December 2010

NEXT............???

When you hear next Monday... Do you think this Monday, or a week on Monday? Either way, I got the shock of my life, when I happened to get an email off Steve Marsden(CTC) asking if I was ok for lunch in Endcliffe Park like we'd arranged, 'Urmm but that was for next Monday, wasn't it? I spurted excitedly, as I sat there in my PJs. Having not seen real sunlight for 8 days!!in the flesh anyway!!Anyway I slipped and skided down my path and stepped into my usual taxi, which struggled up the road my hair forming icicles because It was soaking.(i imagined it was)- humor me :D

Six of us ate massive food, some had had the pleasure of cycling and subconsciously sticking 2 fingers up at the grid locked traffic, no doubt. I miss my freedom, and I know I could not make it to my Mums, or even to the shops. Taxis weren't taking bookings so I had to get a bus into town, and one out. I set off on my return home at 2.30 and walked in the door at 4.00, fortunately my ex and Julie Andrews looked after D and F, who were delighted to see me when I walked in. But I couldn't collapse into a chair with pure relief at not ending up on my backside. I immediately had to become Foxy Lady, no not like that!!! I had to invent a Fox' costume for my lil boy, for tomorrow!! I won't bore you, but it's done!!!

I may look into doing Cycle For Health with Pam at Endcliffe, as soon as the weather allows it. Because I will miss folk.

Steve thanked us all, but shouldn't have been us thanking him?

2 comments:

  1. We'll work on that bad weather cyclist stuff - trikes are better in snow & ice - as it's almost impossible to fall off and equally harder to roll them over (tyres slide more easily on snow & ice).

    Studded tyres will give traction in extreme conditions and we're all asking Schwalbe to make some in your/our size.

    Maybe not this year but worth working towards - it really is fun riding through alpine (dry) powder snow and punching through the drifts on a bike I remember 1986-87 when I was riding though 6" of 'sugar-like snow in a near motor-free Glasgow, and the trains kept running. Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell me Dave, it was upto your arm pits??? Much deeper than we get now? :)

    ReplyDelete