Tuesday 14 December 2010

Richards my star!! but not man.

I think I'm some sort of dullard, my brain thingy is worst than I think!! Because again with a new track pump, I couldn't figure out how to pump my tyre, without an awful lot of air out??????? So when Richard my cleaner/handyman arrived, I asked him to show me.....durrrrr you need to take this adapter off first Caroline!! (OOoops)

So having been to Tesco, seen Pat given him a pressie and card, to say thanks for helping me this year. (its the type of thing I could use my SDS on, if I got sufficient)I returned from Tesco, hopped on Ziggy and cycled to school. Near school, there is a little cul de sac, where some builders exclaimed Wow, look at that, I bet she's a dream to ride. (And no unfortunatley, I'm way past getting comments from builders)Of course they meant my trike. I chatted for a while and offered 'John' a go, I don't know what I was thimking, but I swore blind you didn't need to remove the wheel to get the tyre off and change it!! But he has an assortment of bikes, and we stood rubbing thighs, not together or each others I may add. He offered to swap my tyre whenever I needed it, and I told him in return he could take Ziggy for a shot occasionally. But despite me giving him my card, I don't know how to get hold of him, so if you're reading this. Get in touch please. It was great seeing everyone at school I haven't been there for a while. What with the snow, and big fat lunches.

I had a number of things I needed Steve M for, so yes I phoned him b4 I forgot them all. He was extremely jovial which was really nice, and was going to speak to Kevin Maine about me when he saw him in Guildford......now that is a bit scary!!

Kevin? do you recall Becky Marston gave that great talk in Birmingham, about that Hospital she visited? Well I wanted to get Steve's opinion, on whether I could cycle with 2 of Mums friends who have Cerebal Palsy, if they bought their own trikes. In the lovely Millhouses Park, once or twice a week? Because there is a lovely bridge from the home into the park. I'm sure it would be really pleasant. I'm just not sure if I'd be liable or owt?? I will have a word with my mate Karen down there, now I've got the all clear.

Ey Richard fixed my daughters pc, and didn't ask anything ;0)x

4 comments:

  1. CycleSheffield Xmas Social, 16th Dec, 8:30 at the Tandoori Grill House just below The Showroom cinema. Drinks in the Sheffield Tap beforehand. you can sign up at
    http://www.doodle.com/6vawdu9kvmc2mdh5 or just come along, there should be room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do not need liability insurance to go on a bike ride with your friends, or indeed your Mother's friends.
    Beware those who would suck all the fun out of the world in order to protect themselves from the trivial risk of a spurious lawsuit.

    Best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Simon, you're on, you know!!

    I've just got my kids sorted, wi their Dad, and I will be there. :)

    Hey thats a bit impulsive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, last time I saw Kevin I kidnapped him from infront of York Minster!!! We'd taken the tandem trike up to York for the CTC Rally and I took it into town for the procession with nobody on the back... I pulled up in front of the offical party waving the bikes off and offered the rear seat... The Lady Mayor looked to Phil Ligget and Phil looked to Kevin. Kevin had nobody to look at so missed his ride in the offical limo - sorry Kevin! But you did get a spin on the tandem trike :)

    ReplyDelete