Sunday 27 February 2011

Aunty Mable's back :)

I had a couple of hours on my own this afternoon, and because it was nice..I really had to force myself to go out to the shops, because I didn't need owt, but I knew I would feel better. So off I went, just to the local shops mind. And I bet this guy was really glad I did, as I passed him, I casually asked how his dog was....Well bless him, I think I was the first person he'd met since his 15year old Akita x, had turned poorly.We must have spoken about the 'letting go' time for nearly an hour. I hope I was of some help, and I told him to pop in for a cuppa, if he wanted (i know, but I do know him a bit, and he knows where I live....everyone knows where the bird on the funny bike lives. So I pulled in my drive, where I met the Dad of the woman next door, who told me, he had done Lands End to Jonnah Groates, on a 2 wheeled recumbent!!! Wow I didnt know that.....Respect.

Hey can anyone tell me, if I got a lap top, would it save me having massive problems like now, when my wires come out at the back (mouse)???


Hey, I'm working at Brockwood tomorrow, helping train council Staff, on the delights of SDS.

Hey did I say? I've got the resting pulse rate of an Athelete?? Yes me!! FB!! (different meaning)it's not Face Book, and it's not Fuck Buddy this time :) It's only 62 which is good all things considered.

Catch you tomorrow.

Speak to me though, is anyone there?

4 comments:

  1. Laptop - depends on how you feel learning to use a trackpad. Personally I hate the things and usually plug a mouse in to a laptop, so no real difference there...
    Oh, and the new thing I learnt today is what FB stands for... there was me thinking Favourite Boyfriend....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh you'll be thinking that I speak of FBs a lot? Well not since last March let me tell you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes still here { 8-)

    WRT wires pulling out. They shouldn't really unless your PC is being moved around.
    Are the cables long enough? You might just need extensions or to route them differently.

    (Complicated technical bit)
    One thing you could do is look on your monitor to see if it has USB sockets on the side. If so you can connect the Monitor to the PC with one cable then plug the keyboard and mouse into the monitor. It should just do all the connections automatically.

    Having said that, if they are just loose then try a different socket, or sellotape!


    Good news on the fitness & getting out there.
    When are you doing your LEJoG then? { 9-)


    Best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still looking in :0)
    I switched to a laptop many years ago. I think I'm on my third now; I use them until the extended warranty runs out and then pass them onto one of my kids. When they finally break down out of guarantee (only one has so far) it was sold on eBay. I use MacBooks because they just work.

    ReplyDelete