Friday 2 July 2010

Elephant?

Thank you Dave for correctly identifying how I feel sometimes :) And I'd rather be an elephant than invisable. Can I just be clear, this has no referance what so ever to do with my size. Or the fact that I DID have 'Elephantitus' in my ankles, which have shrunk by 3.5 cm.

I think it would be a good idea. if all interested parties met at the Inclusive Cycling in Sheffield, which would narrow it down to a Thursday, and Dave you said you were going to Manchester one Friday in Aug, do you know when?

I'm NOT being incredibly forward, but my children are away, and folk coming to inclusive cycling that day to discuss, getting me to Norwich are welcome to stop over. I live a mile from Dore train station, which has a direct line to Sheffield or Manchester.

And I hope I don't appear ungrateful to you all, because I really am forever in your debt. But I'm the only one who knows how I feel, and barmy though my insecurities may be at times. (I'm thinking especially of the blood stained white vest!!) I can't help the way I am, :) But big thanks to each of you.

I'm full now, that humble pie is filling :)

Nice day, cycled to the chemist, then home to see Kim nursey. Who was delighted with my new legs. Just another week she reckons???? My ulcer is still apparent, although it has shrunk a tinsy bit. And then the mile uphill to school, it is nice and cooling on my return though.

2 comments:

  1. You'll need to remember to explain a few details when launching into a piece - sometimes. I think you might be a bit more noticeable than the elephant in the room.

    Good top hear that your 'slimming' regime is producing a fine pair of ankles - better keep them covered, or you'll be causing all sorts of bad effects on young men....

    Not sure about cooling day for me though - went back North after Car Free Cities conference in York and missed the last train up the Lond Drag via Settle , so I had to use East Coast - DO NOT use the un numbered priorty seats in Coach D on a warm day - they are over part of the engine and the floor was at a temperature of around 40 degrees - fighting the air conditioning with a warm blast up from the floor.

    In all the other coaches this point is beside the toilet and as a result the hot spot is in the vestibule so that the 2 broken toilets and the one working one limping by after Leeds, the enhanced temperature and smells made it equally dreadful travelling by the doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you, I always try and sit there as well, no wonder I have a problem with temp.

    ReplyDelete