Wednesday 21 July 2010

Urrrm NO, I think you are mistaken!

:D The funniest thing was said to me today!! Oh, and it did make my Mum laugh so much, it was worth it. I cycled 3 miles, to her Home, locked Ziggy in the entrance, and I never take my helmet off, in case I leave it!! and it frees my hands up also. Anyway, I was speaking to my Mum, and this 'Mature' Carer, asked me if I always wore my helmet??? and I explained the above, to which he said, is it because of 'Drop Fits' to stop you banging your head? I couldn't believe what I heard, how funny, but how insensitive? Supposing it had have been for that reason!!!



I did a very foolish thing, and deserved to p* the driver of the articulated lorry off!! I turned left at Beauchief lights on the way home. And this lorry was up my ass, so I slowed down, and stuck my left arm out to show I was pulling in, to let him over take me. I then waved my right arm to indicate that I wanted him to overtake me, he nudged even closer to me and continuously sounded his extremely loud horn. I felt very silly, so I had no choice but to frantically pedal, saying this I really enjoy the run to my Mums, it's just the right distance :)



Poor Nic the nurse, rumours will be flying round about him and 'Mavis' daughter the one who wears the safety helmet, in case she has a 'drop fit' :D

I cycled to school, and my kids make me so proud on their bikes, other parents comment always about how good they are on their cycles. Hey I almost forgot :D Remember that Asian family, on my road that had a teenage son, who used to try and scare me? Well today, he couldn't fix his bike, so he brought it round to mine, and asked for MY help :) So I handed him the bicycle tool, (a bunch of allen keys) and he couldn't find the right one. So I strolled over, and asked casually if I could help? Casually I used the correct one, and tightened the handle bars in a jiffy. Ey I was right proud.

All the kids have bounced until they dropped, but they just weren't tired enough :D So they have gone to football practice.

2 comments:

  1. Well handled - next time you'll be a bit less flustered and get to take a note of the name of the company or number of the truck, and put it on the blog.

    Sometimes the safest thing to do is to gradually slow right down and stop - this is actually what the Highway Code recommends, Basically - if in doubt or aware of a hazard slow down and ensure you are able to stop in full control of your vehicle.

    Sometimes this may leave those numbskull drivers who continue to stick on your back wheel in a rather difficult position as they will then be so close to you that they need to reverse back to get past, which gives you an option to then make a move to get clear, safe in the knowledge that the driver who was putting you at risk has now stopped and given you the opportunity to take your time rather than be panicked into a risky manoeuvre.

    I have on some occasions simply stopped folded my arms and looked at the lack of distance between our vehicles, but then I am just over 100Kg and nearly 2 metres tall. Last time was a classic of a driver trying to queue jump by driving against my progress in a contra-flow bike lane, so I just stopped and folded my arms and he had to reverse right back until someone let him back into the queue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was exactly it, though there simply wasn't enough room for him to over take me. But I did feel foolish.

    My expertise, is being sought this afternoon, after Hillsbro'. I've got to meet with boss' of SS to make suggestions, I think about cheap services.

    ReplyDelete