Saturday 31 July 2010

smiling on the inside

Julie Andrews and I took our daughters girly shopping, and I cycled to the bus stop and it was sooo difficult. Why is Sheffield so hilly? Even if I put my Slumfph??? gear on, it's just like free wheeling and not getting too far, does it go on the small chain ring, because it just seems like a forceful thrust of the pedal, just doesn't get me anywhere? Am I just whinging, and not admitting, that I'm not a good cyclist?

Feel a bit happier, having spoken to Dave about the meeting on the 5th, at Hillsborough Inclusive Cycling. And yeah, I think we can do it :) I will phone you tomorrow Kev, I got sucked into playing the hostess with the mostess, this evening. And getting drunk wi my neighbour Pete. Have I told you all the very funny way, inwhich Pete and I met? My profile on 'Plenty Of Fish' says I live at Totley Sheffield. One Afternoon, I got a message saying 'So you live in Totley? It's nice apart from ***** **!! which is where I live. So I said, are you stalking me? to which he replied no, telling me he lived at no --, which was in fact 3 houses away!! We'd been neighbours for 18years, and never spoken.

I'm rambling incoherantly, :)

I will speak to Nigel, my health champs person, and see if he thinks it's worth getting anyone else involved at this stage, and extend the invites on the 5th.

I may cycle to visit my Mum tomorrow, totally avoiding the mountain of washing, ...again ;)x

4 comments:

  1. ... Mountain of washing - that explains why you stood on the phone during that call.

    So you admit to being a fishwife, - cue comments on over a barrel, gutted etc.

    Have yet to catch Kevin.

    Need to run a new co-ax to the TV aerial but the gulls on the roof ae a bit vicious - why can't they nest somewhere else - tempted to put out bread laced with bicarbonate of soda, or something stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS you are right about the Tunnel - its on Grindleford line 6230yards - over 3 miles. Take a deep breath......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the Standedge was longer but its just 3 miles. After all you need a good long gap between you and Lancashire (or Derbyshire - which is almost as bad as Lancashire).

    Woodhead, Littleborough etc - all big holes keeping the roses apart.

    ReplyDelete