Wednesday 20 October 2010

Boo Hoo

The tomato/beetroot is here. ....

Ahhhh the boys/men in Guildford, are troopers. They've found 'my story' and have posted it :)

Spoke to Steve M, this am, I do love the guy, he has been such a positive person working with me always and not for me, everything has had to be my choice. But he reckons anyone could have made me succeed, because I was ripe, for the picking if you follow. But I disagree, it was his personality that was just right, from that initial phone call, when he totally gushed with enthusiasm, about my dream of cycling the school run. But I feel like I've been adopted by the CTC, because everyone has a similar attitude, it's like they all respect Steve's judgement so much, that his approval has been enough. And to be honest I think I was a bitter twisted woman, and maybe if he'd have known me, he wouldn't have taken me on?

I am so pleased to say I have become the Caroline that was. I am far happier than I was when I was a dependent wife, or lonely struggling single Mum. I admit my life isn't quite perfect, I do wonder why, if I'm as funny as folk say??? Am I on my own? Surely I can't blame my disability, in this day and age? My weight? is a BIG problem.....bum, bum!! But hey ho, I'm just feeling really sorry for myself, because after cycling to visit my Mum, doingthe school run twice, because of parents evening. (yeah notice how they don't call it PARENT evening) I'm in a rite self pitying mood arent I? The real reason, I think? ?? I spend my life telling my lil boy to pick his shoes up off the floor!! because I can't look down, this causes me to trip easily. He didn't, I Fell!!!!!!!!! Ouch!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Rabt begins:
    It's called Parents Evening because most kids required two parents for conception. If the parents aren't together the teacher has to do a separate appointment for each of them if they request it.
    The number of times I've sat and listened to dad moaning about mum at his appointment and mum moaning about dad at her appaointment and sprog isn't apparently affected by this negativity because "we protect them from it". Must be other reasons for sprog's appalling behaviour and/or dip in ability then.
    Rant over.

    See you Saturday. Got your train times sorted? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that Rant rather than rabt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Derek, they wouldn't give Jock a seperate appointment, and they'd allowed 10 mins exactly for each class member!! So very amicably I went to Finns, and he went to Daisys. :)

    My train arrives in New Street at 13.09, and I'm booked on the 1730 coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We want the pictures to prove you did it, and put with the Press release "Woman travels by train!"

    That's a bit naff - I get a parents session but the school are careful to schedule things so there is no risk of an temper issue from the other half seeing me at the school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you will find that each parent (as much as I hated it) has a legal right to an appointment. Press the teacher and complain to the head and the LEA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps
    are you not going to be there for the 1030 ride?
    I'll phone in a bit

    ReplyDelete