Friday 15 October 2010

skipping :)

I'm very happy, I'm nearly organised for my trip to Birmingham, in a week. Measured Ziggy, and spoke to the very helpful guy, at Cross Country Trains, who advised me that I'd got 4 cm spare in the doorways of the trains. And we'd tackle the length once we were on, as long as she could be shortened if necessary. So tomorrow, I will phone again to find out which company owns the trains that run through Dore? Because ideally my taxi driver would take me to the station, but he's going away for the day. So I will need to get Ziggy on at the very Rural tumbleweed type station, near my House known as Dore.

Guess what? my personal budget has increased from £375 a month to £11oo per month,this is to help me keep Ziggy on the road and to pay for any transport I may need, touring with Ziggy, and also spreading the 'Feel Good' factor, by encouraging others, to cycle. I'm very happy.

Hey took Ziggy to the Bike Tree, and Ash was indeed puzzled? So I phoned Rob :) from West Country Recumbents, he was a trooper, and offered directions to Ash, as to what to look for. Luckily I'd met Nik the nurse, down there who whisked me off for coffee. It was s'thing to do with the 'Nexus' Hub? or s'thing.??? Ash loved zooming about the car park, taking the tight corners, all in the name of professionalism of course!!

I cycled to meet my wee boy at 3, and the sun was out, but not for long!!!! I was a sitting target and seemed to attract a steady stream of water, making my white t-shirt cling to my black bra!! Everyone made comment about it!! I was soooo glad to see my little boy, come skidding down the drive on his BMX :) very proud as well.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, go for it!
    I know I keep saying this, but if you can learn how to fold Ziggy in half then the train people really can't complain.
    I think I had a video of how to do the fold somewhere - I'll have a look.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go - a video of how to fold Ziggy...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4xCGcDe2d4

    Tho he does make a complete mess of putting the bolt back in! One of our customers had grip problems so I made him a little spacer to line things up so the bolt just slides in - shout if you want me to make one for you.

    I ALWAYS screw the bolt back in the seat when I've popped it out to avoid losing it.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline I'll post something direct. I'd take a couple of old belts or bungee cords with you so that you can secure Ziggy if you need to stop her rattling or rolling about on the train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the video scared me more!! He was quite an able guy, who struggled! If it took me as many attempts....I'd have set off walking. :)

    ReplyDelete