Wednesday 13 October 2010

'Kerry fisted'

I am aware that I am sometimes Ham fisted, 'Kerry fisted' and dammed right clumsy in most things that I eventually succeed in doing. I just want most of you to be aware, that I am aware. And I can live with who I am. With this in mind, I've started to type a letter to the transport minister, about charging VAT on trikes?????I'm not gonna preach to the converted, and I might not take on any ones suggestions, but hey, I'm all ears!!

I got the pics today from the 2nd of September at Hillsborough Inclusive Cycling, you know the day when my friends and colleagues from the Social Work Department came to have a shot on the trikes. I might show them, but I've been told not too?????? So until I know what that's about I best not. Not that I'd be able too :D

I cycled to my Mums, and it all was nice, it was a beautiful day. And I had decided before I ventured home, that I would call in the Bike Tree, and get Ziggy booked in because there really is s'thing wrong with the Slumfphf but I'm not sure what??? I think it mostly goes all slack and kind of free wheels when I'm in the mountain drive. But s'times, when its in a very low gear, and I'm pushing round very easily, it suddenly jams hard and jumps up to the highest gear, and forces me to a stand still. Anyway, at the same spot where the last ignorant young men shouted and swore last week, I indicated that I was turning left, and did so. To men shouting 'Look at you!! you silly Bitch!!' I smiled and waved :) but secretly seethed inside!!

Ash from the BT is a bit stumped as to what is wrong, and clearly didn't hold out much hope....but, until I have enough SDS money to cover the cost of taking Ziggy to Recycle, I will have to make do.

The school run was great, I love cycling in the sun, and the rain, and in life. :)

7 comments:

  1. just rolled in from Accrington having started today in Bristle with CTC grand staff & friends gathering - where I discovered people I never knew existed and they discovered me (did that at Accrington too with Roy St Pierre (Roger St Pierre's Brother))

    Sorry I missed your call on Tuesday but look at it this way you managed to get through that one yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang on a minute I seem to recall that the Kerrs are a branch of Clan Douglas aor something like that, so its hardly surprising that you are a member of the left hand gang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I did come across someone claiming a success in buying a special trike VAT-Free, because it was purchased as a mobility aid.

    Remember it is not only trikes - any cycle which is used as a Class 1 Invalid Carriage should be uniformly considered by all VAT collection offices and all retailers.

    There is also the apparent daftness of being able to buy a car - free of VAT as a mobility vehicle that someone else drives for you but being clobbered with a need to find an extra 20% to buy a cycle that gives you even greater independence. It makes no sense at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you not see my draft copy?

    I'll send it you, but I play...am, a bit ignorent of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just synchronised with my e-mail - reply in progress are you writing to HMRC or ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya,
    Is anyone able to get Ziggy down here for you? I'm sure it can't be much that is wrong with the MD - there really isn't that much to them!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, thank you Rob, she's rideable, it's just I know she's not right. As the Bike Tree is on my way to my Mums, it's no great deal, getting them to check her over if they can. If not, I may have to think again.

    ReplyDelete