Monday 11 October 2010

Earls Court

I did it......well Nick did!!! And yes I know it's not a very stunning pic of Earls Court, but it proves I was there. And that I still haven't got the hang of transferring pics to my blog!!



My train arrived in St Pancras, on late Saturday Afternoon, and the Station was just a little daunting. (do you think that I'm fibbing? .....) I was terrified. I found myself heading for a very fit looking guy in Lycra, who blanked me. Instead I found Roger who was also clad in Lycra, but it didn't have quite the same effect. But his welcoming smile, and cardboard sign with my name did!



I quickly dumped my bag, in the room, brushed teeth :D It was all an adventure for me (not the brushing teeth bit, I do do that frequently)

I had 30mins in the bar to kill before Kevin and Bridgette, arrived back from the Cycle Show. Can you believe I was really sensible :D and drank coffee? When they arrived we all decided we fancied a curry, So Roger, Kev, Bridgette, and myself. Went to Lille's Indian, just at the top of the road. Once there the waiter, looking at Roger, Kevin and Myself said Ohh the only seating we've got is down these steps!! I think he felt a little embarrassed saying it, to be honest. But Kev, stood there as bold as brass, on his one leg. And said yeah that's absolutely fine thank you :) Nice one I was starving.



Once seated the party of screaming screeching even? young women started to make a noise. They were there for a little baby, who was clearly oblivious to the celebration, as the pram got an intermittent shuggle.



We were all having to shout, to make ourselves heard. So we asked to be moved upstairs please. Fortunately there was now room :) Once seated I found myself really shouting at the level at which I was previously speaking, urmmmm we can hear you now, it's ok. Someone remarked.



The food was absolutely divine, how did I go until 3yrs ago not eating curry? Although I am quite wussy still? I might grow hairs on my tits and start eating vindaloos next? (shall I post a pic too proove I haven't?) We shared a couple of bottles of wine, plus the men had some lager, so by the time we returned to the hotel, we were all a tinsy bit p* . But I think I had passed the point of no return, because I had another at the hotel. But then I sensibly reverted to the drug caffeine instead, I ordered Roger a coffee.



I slept soooo soundly that night, morning arrived and here I was alone, without children, without anyone!! and in a strange city. It was quite a novel idea.





I forgot to get my lunch from the hotel, :( Ney mind, I had gone beyond caring what I spent, because I don't spoil myself too often.



I was introduced to everyone on the stand, who were all very lovely. Eeeeeek and there was a poster of Amanda and I from Cycle For Health last year at Hillsbro'

What a fantastic amount of interest there is, in disability cycling/inclusive cycling. I was, and still am buzzing from the whole experience.

I am definitely a bit knackered today, just with the stress of being responsible for myself, (i was honest)

Nik Nurse called, which was handy because after several goes he loaded the photo of Earls Court. And I'm not quite sure which method he used, I don't know if he knew either? So don't be too optimistic about my blog suddenly becoming decorative. :)

It's good to see my kids again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment