Friday 1 October 2010

brrrrrrr!!!

I'm still cold, although I must say I do love cycling in the rain, I know it's strange I think it's because folk can't tell how much I am sweating :D

I had a bit of a major - drama, on the way to visit Mum. Picking up speed, I pushed down on my pedals to secure my SPDs and my foot slipped, and somehow, my leg got trapped and something was forcing my shin to 'bend' urrrrrm no. Thankfully I managed to pull in and scream (on the inside) but vowed to get my SPDs and cleats changed to 'flatties' So 'limping' metaphorically speaking on, to my Mums, still a little shaken, I kinda thought 'life' was more important to me than the ease of cycling.

I left an imprint of my big arse on Mums clean bed sheets, where the dye had run out of my new black jeans :)

And I have a feeling the new flat pedals that were fitted in haste, because of the torrential rain. Have f* up my kick plates a bit? I did say to 'Dan' don't you need a tool for that (which incidently, I had just returned) He claimed not, and showed me the relative ease, he was swapping them with??? and I think Ziggy, was ok??? but perhaps again she's not as good as when I first got her done, but Fred yesterday thought the right kick plate wasn't as effective as it had been, so I may have her checked over again? if you follow??? Do I sound geeky??? He also had to take the SPDs out of my trainers, very kindly. Although I did offer if he lent me a screw driver, but then I had the indignity of getting him to tie my shoe laces for me, because there isn't anywhere for folk like me to sit down :) Atleast I felt relatively safe and sure footed, both on and off the trike.

I'm not too sure about my forth coming role at the 'Cycle Show' as it just seems the more I am told, the more options I have, and the more muddled I become. Can you tell, I'm getting anxious.

I do hope you're feeling a bit less sore Dave? It all pieces together about the Inclusive Cycling being put out to tender???? Because the woman who came to Hillsborough yesterday with Steve, was a business manager. Who he met at the train station on the tandam trike!! I just hope they don't change things too much.

3 comments:

  1. The only thing that holds the kickplates on is the pedals... if you've changed the pedals then the kickplates are probably just a little wonky. So if the kickplates aren't quite straight undo the pedal a little, hold the kickplate straight and with your third hand tighten the pedal again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that I had visions of things dropping off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand why you have taken the cleats off and changed the pedals?

    ReplyDelete