Thursday 30 September 2010

Fingers on buzzes

Well it's a bit late for that actually. And I'm not sure if it's a phone vote??? But it will be screened warts builders arses and all!! But he did promise me he would be 'kind' when condensing 2hrs of filming into 15minutes. But how fab, is that getting inclusive cycling onto prime time tv? Ey I'm right proud!!

And I know, they might have just been very good at their jobs? But Mark and ANT, made it all a great day :D (and I'm not just massively creeping)I loved their humour, it was a tad smutty a bit like mine ;0D

All the important folk had arrived on time, except.....my cycling group, the ones I had sought permission off, the previous week? They didn't show :( Mark explained that they had to have some footage, of me at work. But whilst we were all together, he did some individual interviews, which must have been awful, for Miriam and Nigel of the Health Champs, who went first, whilst I was there. Fortunately I moved away, to be spoken too, where I suitably gushed about everyone., and how I just wanted more folk to have a choice Wheelchair v cycle? Steve M, wouldn't do his, in front of me :)

But my minds constantly on rewind, because I know there is bound to be a word that I over used?

I left Ziggy with them, and limped back with Miriam, who was being as lovely and natural, no airs and graces, but as inoffensive, as ever. Ahhhh, the Deli shop hadn't packed the baguettes I'd bought. But Ed had brought a beautiful curry, that he let me share mmmmm, I am becomming a manbird, who likes curries!!

This group attended at short notice, and phew they were willing to be filmed. Although non of the 3 were able to cycle as such, apart from this guy who just wanted to hold hands with everyone - Josh. And no matter how many folks hands he had on top of his. He wouldn't have a helmet on, and staff thought it imperitive that he did. So I set off on the 'Velor Plus' where the wheelchair can be clipped to a platform, and a person (me) cycles. I found it hard not to sound patronising, as I uttered words like 'are you waving at your friends?' But in contex it was appropriate, honest :)

I'm really happy, just how powerful I have been, because Steve, Nigel, Miriam, Fred, Dave, Derek, Fred, Kev, Rob and Carol have all supported my journey.

5 comments:

  1. Savour the moment :o)

    How's your ankle today? We're not gonna have to stretcher you around Earls Court are we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a right prat, because it was agony honestly!!But it was fine, in fact it had my sopport sock on. And it was nearly normal for me (which isn't fab)

    Did you know Dave had been knocked off his bike today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No!?! Has he been in touch with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to update you - I was inverse T Boned on the roudabout where Goldhawk Rod bends sharp South and carried on as Stamford Brook Road. Well mangled the bike and made me over an hour late for start of day visit to Brompton - piled the pieces into a taxi and went to Brentford, where I borrowed an M3 which seemed a bit sluggish with its heavier tyres and noisy with the ratchet ticking away.

    If I'd have had gloves on it probably wouldn't be hurting so bad in the hands department. and annoyed at bike and clothing damage. Bike with Brompton for damage assessment!

    Ouch

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW what does a smutty tad look like?

    ReplyDelete