Wednesday 22 September 2010

Even Keel

I'm so happy just going to see my Mum and back, I don't need to be educated to enjoy the very simple things that I love.

But urrrrgh on the way back, I was merrily turning the pedals at my pace. And not been pressured by the traffic behind, that was escaping past me, occasionally. I turned in at The Bike Tree, and these obnoxious men, in a big white van (it had to be) wound down the window and shouted 'Get that Fuckin shit off the road!!!' I was hurt how dare they call Ziggy shit? Then I went into the B T, saw Ash who's the Guy who was gonna fit the 'Kick Plates' if he'd got time,( he said he was too busy, and to gi him a ring on Friday.

It's Hillsbro' tomorrow, I mustn't be late home because I've got an important date ;0)x

5 comments:

  1. Aah, never mind.
    You should publish the van number on your blog. You might get to shame some one :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I wish so many things, but I really would have liked to know, just what they'd have done. If they weren't allowed to drive. But then, I start to go all sorry for myself, and you should know that's not my style :0)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you've returned to the regime of happy cycling.

    Next purchase is a pair of mini video cameras - one for the rear view and one from your head level (helmet mounted) so that you can turn to video the drivers (still around 30% from observation) who continue to use hand held mobile phones - and it looks as if women are worse than men for this.

    We now have the first prosecution going forward for a driver who threw a (plastic) bottle of juice through the window at a cyclist, and a number of other drivers 'on the radar' with the Police for deliberate acts of aggressive driving.

    It would have been great to get that van driver on Youtube and certainly the cameras would capture the van number and incident for the Police. (90% certain that the van will be local and the you'll see them again to get their details) They should remember that they in turn share the road with your friends in much bigger vehicles, and getting along with everyone will make their life much happier.

    Remember too that there is an answer to any driver who shouts "You don't pay road tax" " They don't pay road tax either, it was abolished in 1937 and if they then claim they pay Vehicle excise duty, so do you - at the rate applicable for a zero emissions vehicle = £0.00 per year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dave, they looked like workies, who sounded like they didn't come from Dore and Totley. (sorry to sound snoby) And as I'm kind of well known, and respected in the area. I hoped that they went to their 'job' and mouthed off about, 'The Bird, on a daft bike' because everyone knows it's me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remind me to tell you the story about the guy on a bike who was cut up by a car and then overtaken by a mate of his in a battered old Land Rover, who then overtook the car ... and stopped.

    ReplyDelete