Wednesday 15 September 2010

Such responsibility!!

My children stood before me, all militery style this morning before school. 'Now F* I won't be home until 4, Mrs R knows your alone, go to her if your worried, about owt!!' 'D* have you got everything for trampolening?' 'There's some jam sandwiches in cling film if your hungry, b4 I get back' Such responsibility, I was piling onto my children aged 8 and 12, and I knew it. But they acted so capable, have I forcedthem to grow up too quick? with a flick of a lambs tail they were gone. Leaving me, still doubting my own capabilities. I couldn't not do it, because everyone was putting so much effort into me making a success of it.

Today was for all students who had some form of disability, I would say most must have had hidden disabilities, like dyslexia, there were a few in wheelchairs. But one, who I really wanted to speak to and he was a guy, who'd had his leg amputated at the hip, just like my mate Kev Hickman, who runs the Inclusive Cycling Forum http://inclusivecyclingforum.org.uk/
And I wanted to know if he cycled too?:D But first I sat for 3 hours listening to folk, saying what was available. And how they had links to a huge long list of sporting organizations. But cycling wasn't on it, so I waited till lunch and steamed in, with news of Hillsborough, and the ICF and told them about Ziggy. So if I met you today Hi!!! But I deliberatly sat on my hands when they were recruiting volunteers for stuff.

Does anyone know where Steve M is? I really don't want to be dropped in it with the filming crew next week!! So I'm absolutly knackered, but I'm making myself go to Hillsbro tomorrow, just to check that Inclusive Cycling is still happening.

I had left the house in a bit of a tip this am, but I thought the House work fairies had been, when I returned, my shopping had been put away from last nights Tesco delivery, (fruit in bowl !!) Ahhhh, my mate Julie, had been to borrow sugar. And she felt sorry for me :) how nice.

Kev can you phone me flower and Cycle Chic, is it ok for Social Services to use the pic of me on the trike. Or anyone else for that reason, it will all be in the interest of promoting cycling?

I'm tired but content :)

I'm sorry for being all insular, and self absorbed, I'm just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment