Monday 27 September 2010

FANTASTIC

It was raining, but I actually quite like cycling in the rain. Nick Nurse, wanted to meet. But I really HAD to get Ziggy sorted, so I told him he could meet me at 'Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet' for a coffee, if he wanted too.

I cycled to the BT and left Ziggy with Ash, I also explained about my cleats? Gave him the box that I'd been sent, with the special tool in. I have to say though, I wasn't impressed with the fact that I needed to sit down to show him my trainer. And there wasn't a stool for me to sit on!! They had a couple of bar stool type things, that weren't any good for me. I sat on Ziggy in the end!!!

I went to meet nick, I must have been a right boring git, because all I kept talking about was kick plates and geeky things. He drove me back to fetch her, ahhhh it was great, she was done. Just a matter of my spds, Nick said lets see your cleats then, so I sat in Ziggy, stuck my feet out, and he stuck them in place. And I acted all girly. :D

I didn't think after all the fuss, I was gonna be able to wear SPDs with my new kick plates. but ooooooh I can you know? and they actually work with a size 5 shoe. So thank you Kevin and Derek, what a top idea it was to get Kick plates.

After all that I thought LIGHTS, I'm conscious of the nights drawing in, I need lights for collecting the children at 3.30!! I had lost one of my front ones, and my back one didnt appear to work. I'm so glad Nick had come along, because the BT was gonna charge £30 for lights, and £5 for fitting them!!! He just swapped my very bright one to the outside, and rejigged the batteries around in the back. :) Ash charged me £15 for fitting the kick plates.

I think the gears needed sorting anyway, because she rides like she did before folk tampered with her. I can actually get nearly to school now, without using the Slumphf mountain drive, which is exactly how it should be instead of, me having to put it on as soon as I turn out of my road. :) I'm very happy. Shame about Nick been married though, no future there.

4 comments:

  1. Yay, Ziggy is good as new :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well who needs a FB with 2 legs when you have one with 3 wheels - Get turnin Get turn-on

    With pedals and gears who needs a lover....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top Ideas are our speciality :0)
    Glad it is sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "actually get nearly to school now, without using the Slumphf mountain drive"

    Keep pushing, you can do it.
    If that doesn't work, make it hurt & surprise yourself!

    Best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete