Sunday 26 September 2010

Boo Hoo

My SPDs don't seem to fit:( I was so looking forward to using them. I will get Ash to take a look at the Bike Tree tomorrow. Hey do I sound geeky? But you know the 'clip' part on your trainers? is that supposed to have solid plastic on the underneath? if you follow. It just looks like if the plastic wasn't there I'd be able to clip them to the pedals.

Paul, Northern Rail person, ex fb took me for a fantastic b'day meal. As he wasn't around last week. I ate a gorgeous ticka Marsala, king prawn which was so filling, but I couldn't leave any, it was just too lovely, hey that was me stepping out of my comfort zone of safe and sweet Korma!! Anyway I found myself having a really serious (ey steady on) talk about the decline of Guards Vans on trains. (I know I scare myself sometimes!!) It was actually Northern Rail, who'd initially started my money pot for Ziggy.

Fingers crossed, that Ash can work magic on the 'Kick Plates' and have a bright spark about my trainers. I was soooo lookijng forward to ridng.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds a bit like an RTFM fault there - have you removed the protective packaging from the cleats?

    When all else fails RTFM.

    I'm surprised that Paul didn't tempt you to take a ride on his train....."Hello little girl how would you like to ride on my train...... Just wait 'til the signal gets pulled off and we'll get the right away. (Honest all genuine railway speak).

    ReplyDelete
  2. RTFM???? has it got the word Fuck in there, I'm just trying to work it out.

    I presumed because 'Adam' very helpfully (debateable) screwed the cleats in the trainer. He would have done it right.

    Paul escaped for his last train, abstaining from a shot on Ziggy, leaving me and the waiter (who's used to me calling for my usual Sunday take away)to lere at Ziggy and rub thighs (not with each other).

    I'm going to bike tree in an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read The F***ing Manual?

    The metal cleats on the bottom of the shoe shouldn't have anything over them Caroline 'cos the metal cleats clip into the pedal. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahem... Read The "Friendly" Manual!!!

    If the cleat is all fitted on the bottom of the trainer it should look something like the photo in this link:

    http://drivemybike.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/cleatinstall5.jpg

    One common problem is a bit of shoe being in the way of stopping it click in. If you want to post a photo of pedal and a photo of bottom of your trainer we might be able to work out what is wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're all right, it was me durrrrrr :D As soon as I had Nick there to gently, slowly, deeply, (sorry I'm getting carried away). Basically put my foot in the cleat, I was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, they feel really clumsy(!) for the first week or so. Then you don't think about it for a bit. Then you suddenly notice it is no problem and you wonder why you had trouble with them...

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the many fault codes that engineers use when filling in their time sheets for client invoicing. Others include default to failure (SNAFU) and life expired/on the wrong side of the bath-tub. WOTF (or WOWF)

    ReplyDelete