Friday 17 September 2010

Enthusiasm!!

It oozes out of me at the moment, and I understand I'm seeing a possibility in everything at the mo. It's just that I haven't necessarily, got the ability, to do the practical stuff, it's so frustrating!!

I've loved it since my children have gone back to school, because do you know? They've been in bed for 9.30 every night, it's great!! So I have had absolutely no probs getting up at 6.30 everyday, showered and ready for them at 7, I'm like Mary Poppins at the moment.

I rushed off in the taxi at 9am and arrived at VAS in Sheffield, and it was absolutely packed, I reckon there was over a hundred folk there. Eeeeeek!! I was suddenly a bit nervous, I glanced over and thank goodness, Hannah, came rushing over and was obviously pleased to see me. I was bundled in with an invisable coat (not really) I just seemed to attract a lot of attention, as if I was a rock star or star, or something? I grabed a coffee, and seemed to be introduced to a lot of folk, one of which 'Luke', who gave a talk after me. And I'm sure I stole all his thunder!!!

I spoke for 20minutes, and made folk smile a bit (politely) poor Hannah, she must think Here we go about the trimmed bushes and big choppers and stuff!!

I was asked whether the CTC/Inclusive Cycling would like to hold a stall, in the 3rd sector market at the town hall in October.

I met Heather, who I worked with ten years ago in the Youth Service. Who was telling me about these fantastic new premises the YS had got in Chesterfield, with a cycle track around the field, it sounded brill.

I wish I'd been able to stop all day, because I felt very knowledgeable (i know, steady on Caroline!!) But like Cinderella, my carriage waited outside the building.

I jumped in, (yeah right laugh Caroline!!) about as gracefully as a sloath!!

My next gig was miles away (honestly it's true Derek and Kevin)It was where I help train Social Workers. Only today, it was to be the support staff, in case they were the folk chosen to write support plans with clients.

It went really well, I thought, I actually knew one of them. Her son used to play football with my son. So she is very familiar, with the sight of me and Ziggy, Ziggy is my trike for those of you who aren't familar. Anyway again it was a really nice group, but I am knackered!!

1 comment:

  1. I believe it was miles away but only half the miles that you believe :0)

    ReplyDelete