Thursday 9 September 2010

Thank you Dave

I do honestly like it, that you think about me, I do think that when Steve 'lands me in it' it's not by choice or thought though. Although he must have some faith in me, along with Liz Howard from the SDS team. They were both my referees. But I'm sure many folk can appreciate how really difficult things can be, being a single parent. and a non car driver, just think if I could drive I'd be an even fatter git, and I wouldn't have met all the wonderful folk that I have. But sometimes, I could cry, because life's hard. I mean, why am I taking on s'thing else???? Am I setting myself up to fail? And how will I feel when I do fail?

Steve Marsden (CTC) along with Chris (f) took some young folk to York CTC rally in June, to gain their Duke of Edinbourgh awards. I suggested to Steve that maybe I could work with Chris and those young folk. He's lookin into it for me....so?

Anyway today, I didn't go to Hillsbro' today because of my cycle :D

3 comments:

  1. Oh you mean ((X))? make sure all your tyres are pumped up nice & firm, as it makes cycling much easier.

    Come on - its really like skydiving enjoy the buzz of the free-fall and less worrying about the landing.

    You really should feel sorry for those car-driving guys they cannot shake off the need for that crutch of a car, and all the burdens that brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I mean 'cough' that sort of cycle. Although I must say, if I can do the first 10 mins, I actually feel better for a bit of exercise.

    Ooooh er....I've just understood what you mean by a good pump!!!

    I do feel very sorry for these folk, who don't meet a variety of people on their journeys. Because they're all enclosed, and unsociable in their car!! I love using public transport, I just dont like the time it takes.

    Fancy going through life without Pat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Fancy going through life without Pat!!!"

    I'll ask Pat about that then?

    Don't forget thjough that you have to park the car and walk from the car park and go back to the same car park - don't need to do that with the bus - often makes it as fast or faster to use the bus.

    ReplyDelete