Thursday 16 September 2010

Fantastic Day!!!!

I really enjoyed my day at Hillsborough, at the Inclusive Cycling. Because the group we had at 11am, I hadn't met b4, so I approached both staff and clients with a degree of reserve, (Ok 4 about a minute!!) and I'd kind of got the impression from my darling Fred, that he had wanted me to play more of a role, if teaching was what I was hoping to study. Well I began asking those who'd found suitable bikes to follow me. And well, it was a bit like a deliberate set up, because there were 5 of them and they all scattered to every far corner of the court, apart from one who took off to the grass. Luckily there was 3 of us plus 3 staff, who'd arrived with them. Once settled I guarded the edge near the field, just gently reminding folk which way to go and saying words, like fantastic a lot. Because It was brill they were all so excited at riding (semi freely) and at times so fast. Their excitment was soooo contagious!! I had a word with the staff, and asked if they'd all like to star in the filming on the 30th? Yeah they all could there was only one, who hadn't given written consent. And Fred volunteered to take him on a ride round the park happily. :D

I was a bit sad, because today would be my last day at Hillsbro' Inclusive Cycling, apart from the day of the filming. And Fred and I had to agree, we make a great team.

Tomorrow, I've got a 'gig' at 9.30 giving a talk, at Voluntary Action Sheffield, on the joys of Self Directed Support. At 12.30 I'm being whisked away, to help deliver training on SDS, I get paid for the latter though :)

3 comments:

  1. Did you say Ziggy was in the shop tomorrow too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, that will have to wait now, till either Weds or Friday, of next week. Is that ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is completely up to you... I was just waiting on news of whether or not you approve of the kick plates...

    ReplyDelete