Monday 6 September 2010

Sheffield Cycle Chicks :)

Spot deliberate ploy on words. Ahh I met the Chic herself today along with her enchanting little girl. It brought back many memories, because I really used to feel like I had to watch my children 24/7 and of course that aint always possible. So I feel they survived their early years, by chance, rather than super parenting skills. I am proud though, my big girl started secondary school today, and my little boy, Juniors. It is a miracle, I know :D

I have been buzzing for 12hrs now!! My day began, at 6.30am, with my children so excited and in dependant. Now I know I've done nowt but really miss them, whilst they've been away, but I have welcomed the routine and freedom that school brings.

I passed 'a bike shop' on my way to the park, and Ziggy was making a terrible din!! So I pulled into the car park, feeling quite relieved at the convenience of things! But even though the staff, saw me struggling (I struggle at everything:) ) they remained closed and didn't open up 10 mins early, so I had to risk it and climb back on Ziggy. I kinda knew it was the mud guard or s'thing, so it would wait.

I was just about to make a total arse of myself, when I approached this other young woman with a child, and smiled and I was about to utter the words 'Hello I'm the fat lass' when out of the corner of my eye, I saw a woman, striding towards me, the bike leaning against the wall with a child sitting next to it, gave the game away really. We settled for a coffee, which SCC treated me too. When this very excited man, came over and started excitedly asking questions about Ziggy. Do you want a go?? He looked disbelieving, but I eaxplained that I didnt want to alter the legnth etc. But he could have a go, if he wanted. And he was off. We chatted for an hour or so, and she took some pics of eeeeek me on Ziggy, and lots of Ziggy on her own, whilst I regressed and became all maternal, (I know it's unbelievable) playing with her little girl on the climbing frames etc!!

I cycled to see my Mum, who was totally delighted to see me, it was great!!

I saw Karen my mate, whilst there :)

And told Adam, how to find this. So Hi Adam :)

Julie Andrews popped in to say Hi, and I crept up the hill to school, whilst she walked. It's much harder having to go at walking pace. My BMX mounted boy and I raced home :) Life's gooooood.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry caroline - you called when I was in the middle of The Aldwych and then a bit fell off the bike, so I limped it to Kings Cross and it took all the journey time to get a repair done.

    Catch me now or I'll call tomorrow early-ish

    ReplyDelete