Friday 10 September 2010

The Elephant in the Corner of the Room

As I am sometimes described, and if it's true, I don't mind it being used to publicize just how accessible cycling is. I don't mind making a total arse of myself wheezing and puffing, uphills for TV, for 2 reasons. 1) because what better way, to get disabled folk to see their own personal possibilities , than being thrust into their front rooms via television? And the res the non disabled people, who really haven't got the motivation, which is like an illness, in itself. A very difficult one to cure or break the spiral of.2) I just like publicly thanking folk and organisations. And educating (i know I'm on about 4 reasons!! just don't stop me, I'm on a roll) did you know, I haven't been to my GP for 14 months!! because of illness. This is since I've been cycling, regularly. So Money that was invested into the CTC and the Health Champs, teaching me to cycle. Has been saved, because not only is there the cost of my medical attention, but the cost of looking after my children maybe, because I am ill.

OOoooooooh im having a rant now!!!

So because of the lovely Dave and Miriam, I get the opportunity to be on everyones tv. But you know how your brain starts ticking over things???? Well the day they are coming to film at Hillsborough, I bet the majority of folk won't be on tv!! So I might be calling on 'plants' and not the green leafy type either. So all you wanna be movie stars? You may be getting a curtain call on the 30th of September.

And my heart beat like a drum today, more than it has beat for anybody else. (Wow secret squirrells) I jusrt have to tell the world, don't I?

4 comments:

  1. Hey, it works for me!
    You might have thought I was taking the mick when I said you were encouraging me to get back out riding but it was true!
    But full of cold so hiding at home with plenty fo tea today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on ya Rob, and thank you for the encouragement that your wee notes give me to carry on!! If you get the jist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't need any encouragement to cycle, just reminding why I love it so.

    All the best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete