Thursday 2 September 2010

Ouch!!


:( :D It was a tinsy bit funny.



It was good to be back at Hillsbro today. But I got my come up pence ???? (is that a northern thing)



Luckily I'd taken 3 helmets, because we're always a couple short. (what a shame, I didn't wear one)



Firstly a man returned from last week, because he'd had such a good time. And like me he'd got brain damage, only his was caused by a stroke, but the result was similar to my traumatic brain injury. Left sided weakness, and poor balance. Making him have difficulty with balance, and pursuing any form of exercise. Then Steve Marsden arrived, making 4 staff, and me as a volunteer!

A community group of about 6 adults with various needs arrived, they had come with 3 staff of there own.Anyway they came and went. And for once we actually took the bikes back, and returned for lunch and a drink, and a wee!! Not on a piece of cardboard in a black plastic bag either!!! (compost) (hey Kev and Derek, thats what I need to secure my shed even more)

Slowly but surely my ex collegues, from the SDS team started to arrive. It was great, I hadn't seen them for a few weeks. One of the team, had brought her 2 teenagers which was nice. And what a beautiful sunny day, it was turning out to be!!

We chose our bikes, well they did. And Steve was the 'pilot' with Mary on the 'Velo Plus', so she remained in her chair, whilst Steve cycled at the back. Now, it wouldn't suprise me, if Marys wheelchair weighed a ton, honestly. We decided to leave the young boys playing footy, and go round the park, and cycle on the grass. Everyone was sitting, except for Ed and I, who had decided to take the Tandam trike for a spin. What a total fool I am, I had taken my helmet off, because I was on the grass (big mistake!!) We were both wearing our CTC cycle champion, t shirts, and we were shouting and laughing as we picked up speed, coming across the grass, towards the group. Ed went 'Oooooooooh ooooh, no hands!!' and raised them up, so I rather foolishly took my hands off, to prod him in the ribs, as he raised his arms. And that was me off the trike and eating the grass and the soil. It hurt a lot, but hey ho. (21 year old again)

How beautiful, and what a fantasic idea, Liz Salmon, one of the SW had brought strawberries, merangue nests, and cream, spoons dishes. Plus lovely sparkly pop with cups. What a fantastic day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment