Monday 17 May 2010

ham - fisted, and mentally chalanged

It doesn't take much to confuse me, now does it? So I'm sorry folks, if you were waiting for that beautiful photo of blue bells, I'm gonna deny you yet again, till someone actually shows me how to do it. Doa!!

I'd not slept terribly well, in fact I'd slept in for my taxi, to take me to my ICDH course. You see, you know how Mondays generally follow Sundays? Well I do like Sundays :)

I have recently become involved in the launch of an all 'Inclusive Cycling Day' at Hillsborough Park, Sheffield. I know some of you may just think that I'm just an egocentric person, but I know I am quite self aware, and I know what makes me tick, and on the flip side? I know what I don't like. For example....i love positive people, and find the more vibrant a person is? The more energy, I gain from them. This year has been quite a soul searching year for me. And I do feel that I have benefited so much from cycling, I too would like to empower, other disabled folk. I know I've already reintroduced one person with M.S, to weekly meets in the park, on his very own tricycle. I do think having the ability to communicate, and good networking skills are paramount to be a successful community worker. My own personal skill as a good communicator, is derived from my sense of humour. :D Bum, Bum!!!!

I'm not in the least bit greedy, and I'm not looking for any financial gain. So the CTC and Wheels For All, get my counselling and humorous skills thrown in the 'dolly mixture', for nowt. I did have to attend a 2 day workshop on WFA, before I could enable folk to cycle. Unfortunately (the understatement of the year!!!!) Because of my own physical disability, I can't run the session without help. What a shame, I'll have to work with the gorgeous Fred or Ed ;)

I am just exploring, whether I can take my trike into the town hall on Thursday, with some posters, which have been put together by myself, Dave Holaday, and Christina. :) I'll let you all know tomorrow. Poor Nigel West (health Champs) I just give him a bill at the end of the month for my expenses, he does get his moneys worth though.

3 comments:

  1. Hey - suddenly you are using big and fancy words "Paramount""empower" sounds like someone whose just been on a training course.

    Remind someone to call you at a seriously early hour whenever we see a mention of a nice bike ride with (kids/Mr Potts/self with a challenging trip like Beauchief cross-roads) this activity obviously sets you on course for a delayed action awakening process the next morning.

    House hound or mobile dog for noisiest effect? or ring Julie Andrews to call round with a cheery chorus of Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

    I'll send you my bill for proof reading sometime - 40 fluid ounces/0.5 litres (options) and 80 percent ABV nothing less comes near it. Put it down as lubricants - for the rider - not the bike

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS next time (ie repeat of Sunday's session) you can buy the coffee - and we'll make sure they understand about bucket-sized mugs and workman's strength brew-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I got the council to agree, that Steve and I do a 'stall' at this big event on Thursday. Unfortunately, we've got bugger all chance, to do owt. So it's just a case of turning up and being there, I think, oh yeah amnd giving away free CTC pencils!!

    ReplyDelete