Monday 31 May 2010

A Blast from the past

Today was soooo nice, because as well as many other fantastic things happening. I bumped into Russel Asquith a guy I havent seen for about 15years. We were the original under age drinkers, at my first local pub. - The Millhouses. Wow he was still as gorgeous now, as he was all those years ago. And his wife, (sorry I missed your name)seems so happy, they make a right nice family.

This all happened at the Beauchief Hotel (bee-chief) you know those drreaded traffic lights? There was bouncy castles and circus skills classes. Whilst responsible adults got drunk :)

I had arranged to meet Julie Andrews, and her family, down there, along with Helen. Who I'd bumped into a couple of weeks ago. I didn't take Ziggy, incase I was tempted to drink, good job. Because I was, and did, drink that is. I ordered a refreshing Pitcher full of fresh fruit, Pimms and lemonade.....nice.

Helen brought me home like the beautiful person that she is, we were just arranging when to meet and she said 'Caroline you know, that eccentric neighbour youve got? is that him? And sure enough it was Pete, so Pete came in for a coffee (i know shocking isn't it) Julie Andrews took all the children to the Spit, singing as she went.

I realise, I'm not setting a very good example as a 'Health Champion' we're all allowed to lapse s'times :)

I plan to take some flyers into town tomorrow, and give them out in the volunteer markee, before the Lord Mayor visits (apparently) I was going to take Ziggy, but my taxi drivers on holiday, and it's 10 miles to town and 10 miles back and urmmmm NO

So goodnight all the lovely folk I met today, we must do it again :)

Hey I'm sorry to all you cycle enthusiasts, who wanted to see sweat and tears. Tomorrow, I'll get her out of the shed I promise.

Hey Russel cycles!! good on ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment