Friday 7 May 2010

We love em

At 3.30 am, my little boy turned on my bedroom light. I've got to be honest I didn't know where the f* I was or what time, or why. For a fleeting minute, I even wondered who the little boy was, who posed naked in front of my mirror, with a distended belly, resembling a white starving famine victim. His poor tummy.

I stopped feeling sorry for myself, and felt sorrier for him, bless him. I grabbed some Calpol, and a couple of Rennies, lifted my bed covers, and hoped he'd climb in. He did, for a bit. Then he started the relays, to the bin to be sick, I was very grateful, that he made the bin. It was just unfortunate that it was made out of mesh.

I staggered blurry eyes downstairs for breakfast, only to be greeted with the news of a hung parliament. I hope my life doesn't change dramatically, under Mr Cameron. Shall we say he is my least fave out of the 3. Then I had to cancel taxis, and notify, some important bods, that I couldn't meet, them today. And how grateful I was, that all I could do was wait downstairs. Whilst my little boy peacefully slept.

I've not cycled today :( That's why I feel so lethargic.

5 comments:

  1. Until Gordon goes don't speculate wait and watch the courting process - and see if Dave can 'pull'......

    Meantime has your wean stopped boaking? You feel a bit helpless whatever the age of the person you are looking after.

    I'll save the tale of the young lady who refused to remain in hospital for observation after banging her head - so I had to spend the night making sure she was alright.....I promised the nurses I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who left me a comment because, it aint there.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, I found you Dave, and yes he has stopped being poorly.

    I don't know if I'm doing the right thing here, but Fred, is gonna put me some slightly nobbly tyres on Ziggy. Because at the moment, I'm even struggling to even get over grass verges. And with me daring to go further afield, occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobblies are a bit of a double edged sword - they are heavier and the noise they make on the road is your energy being wasted. Try them by all means but you might find they make you puff a bit more than Kojac tyres - slower to accelerate, and higher resistance to rolling.

    I'v noticed the difference since I swapped the tyre on the 406 bike to a slick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you fit the nobblies? Couldn't you have one just on the drive wheel/
    I think that's what Heidi Dmeinson did: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/directory/?o=RrzKj&user=Heidiho&v=XB

    ReplyDelete