Monday 10 May 2010

W4A

Today, I woke a bit blurry eyed, and body aching a bit. From yesterdays cycling. (The wine and late night, may have had an influence.)

I was a bit nervous, about going to Wheels For All, who would be there? would anyone remember me from last time?, (I did half the course) I entered the room and saw Steve (ctc), sitting next to him were Fred and Ed, both I knew to be good guys. Steve introduced me, which I must say I kinda like, because it's like, he likes to be associated with me and so it makes me feel proud.


I met some really interesting folk today, who were on the course with me, who worked at a school for young folk who had varying disabilities. And we briefly spoke about how teaching them to cycle, could lead to so much independance for them. I offered to take Ziggy up to let them have a try. Maybe when Steve was hoping to give a talk, because were like Reeves and Mortimer, with the banter. I must say, it's easier to gracefully accept a compliment about my attitude, to it all than it is to sound even more egotistical.

I made a point of trying, the very sporty looking hand cycle. And I found it so difficult!! But I know so many folk who would really only be able to use such a cycle. It was just a case of getting used to where everything was I think, and getting out of the habit of what I was used to. Like steering with my feet!! was very strange. It was like, circling my tummy with one hand and patting my head with the other.

I put off seeing my Mum and cycling home, because I will have more time tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. W4A reminds me of a customer service programme which had the unfortunate branding of Organising for Quality .. which was refereed to for brevity as O 4 Q (say it quickly.....)

    ReplyDelete