Sunday 7 August 2011

Bargain!!

Hi Stretchy Boy, I'm glad s'one is reading my inane jibberings :)

And Hi Derek, hope you're ok? x

My friend spotted an 80's model Raleigh Bike, used as a clothes peg, in a second hand clothes shop, It was shiny like a pin, it's tyres were jet black, no sign of ever been ridden. The lady whose shop it was wanted rid of it because it was cluttering up the display space!! She wanted a mere £19.00 for it!! He needed to get the cash, so I have offered to lend it him this afternoon. So he's cycling a long way, to mine because I will willingly lend it him. And I know I don't really know him too well, but the enthusiasm, and delight he will get will pay me back dividends.

I have just cycled to see my Mum for an hour, I do feel as if I plod back, but zoooooom there, I like the ride :)

I nipped to the Spit, met my friend who'd agreed kindly to check my cycles out b4 the holiday, so I bought him a Lemonade;) - it's the truth.

If anyone is out there? I am going to Centre Parcs for a few days, coming back Friday I think?

Folk can still reach me via cardouglas10@hotmail.com

xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Just as I'm back, you're off!

    I'll text ya...

    (What model's the Raleigh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not doing to bad but still too sore to ride.
    My number 3 daughter phoned today and enquired after my health by asking how my knackers were! Gets the foul language and presumptive attitude from her Mother, methinks :0)

    ReplyDelete