Thursday 6 January 2011

Buzzzing

Oooh I am buzzzing, it's so exciting for me, when I see one of my little snippets of ideas coming to fruition. Or when s'one else says Wow, lets do it!!! Let me explain a bit, I was asked to go on this planning meeting about the empty shop units in Sheffield. I attended a group of 4 today, after having such a good nights sleep, I didn't wake until 835 am!!! Bugger!!!! My children had to be at school, I had to think on my feet for the next 30mins, but yes, they got there all be it late!

I arrived at the meeting at 1, and listened to what folk wanted to do, and not really wanting to interrupt, because I wasn't sure. I started to draw My Tree. Which of course had pictures of Ziggy, and all my Health Champion stuff, and what a big part the CTC had played in my life like York etc, and my SDS training stuff all sorts of really empowering stuff.

Anyway this went down really well, with everyone. And one thing led to another, and rather than interrupt again, but I had to just draw Apples or Fruit on 'the Tree' each fruit had an achievement or solution to a need. It's now become 'a display' on our 2days, which will probably include me taking Ziggy in, and leaflets of all I am involved in, (i've got no idea, how many other leaflets are being given out??? on that day?)

And I want The tree to be planted in sand, big lolly pop sticks, for folk to ask questions, and leave contact details and stick them in the sand. So they don't get lost.

I'm calming down now.......I had to sort out my wee boys hearing phoning school, and hosps etc, but I kinda get the impression my son and I are on our own in thinking that he's having difficulty.

I AM going to my Mums tomorrow honest:)

My lil boys X box is getting fixed in the afternoon. ;)

I'm still buzzing i must calm, I think I'll go and pour some wine.

5 comments:

  1. Who is going to east all those lollipops if you need a lot of sticks?

    Goodness you sound organised - what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. CycleSheffield meeting, 13th Jan, 340 Glossop Rd, 7:30. Come and tell your local cycle campaign group what you think we’re doing wrong (or right). Only members have voting rights but you can join on the night. Disabled access available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooops, sorry, I meant the 10th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the invite, and I would like to make it to atleast 1 meet this year. But my only child free night is a Sunday night, and I could never cycle that far into town, the 97 bus stops too far away, and takes too long. Plus I wouldn't feel too safe. But if you're ever cycling up through Totley, gi me a shout and I'll meet you in the Spit. (Spitfire)

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete