Saturday 1 January 2011

Urrrrgh, my life, it's all gone black!!

I haven't got a bed to sleep in, my children are so bored without their 'Gadgets'. I can't sleep on the floor because, I find it too difficult to stand quickly, the settee is cricking my neck, but yet I don't want to move to a hotel, because I don't drive, and the logistics of getting the kids to school etc, would be a nightmare!! But watch this space, because I'm gonna phone the localish pub, which has en suite rooms to let...sometimes. Because having got my beds condemned and removed yesterday, I set about ordering 2 today, and nowhere would guarantee delivery within a month!!! And not wanting to cycle with a bed precariously balanced (Im sure I saw someone do that on tv!!! with a mobility scooter!!) Was it Dave??? :) nowt would surprise me!!

We cycled to the bus stop today, to catch a bus to the January Sales, which were indeed on, if you wanted to buy a Dining Room Table, or Settee, but my 8 year old wasn't really into all that, because it didn't have Call Of Duty Black Opps plastered all over it (the in thing...apparently)

My daughters been let loose on my Blog,

I've sent Rob my postal address, via email I haven't got your email Pete.

I'll be happier maybe when I get busy doing my stuff again, which doesn't neccersarily involve my little dears.

Hey remember Wagner? I picked up on a street corner? he's been back in touch.

I'm gonna stop searching for my 'true love' It'll have to find me!! But if i'm honest, I aint searched 'I'm just Ready Baby ;)

Let me know if anyone finds the tree annoying as a background? I found it a bit difficult to follow the text, Daisy did it, my children are invading my only bit of privacy.....the novelty will wear off though.

Catch you soon. :)

5 comments:

  1. It is possible to move a bed on a bike but double mattresses are tricky - singles I've done a few times - works best with skis clamped to the sides to stop them flopping about- or use the bed frame.

    2 single mattresses is my limit though. Helps that the bed shop is 500m from the flats - and you' be surprised how close some places can be. If they have beds in Tesco take a raiding party down on Pat's bus - should fit in the wheelchair space - but best not both on same trip! Trains are actually a bit better (furniture regularly goes on trains in E London) but that leaves you with a big haul or heavy negotiation with the taxi.

    Seriously though with so many retailers supposedly desperate to sell anything you'd have thought someone would be rushing to swap their stock for your money. Then there is always the man with the van for £15-£20 - the beds are out there it's the wheels that seem to be missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd be thinking of the possibilities, and I knew you'd have tried it!!

    You're right, my chosen builder/fitter (i dont mean physically well) is taking me to Argos where I can phone and reserve, or Homebase, so I can choose some decor at the same time, on Wednesday a.m. The kids are at their Dads, so I've got a spare bed tonight.

    Bliss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, velcro straps cut & ready... I made a couple of plain velcro ones you can cut/adjust to length (remember to leave a flap to pull on to undo them). I've included some self-adhesive velcro too - probably best just to stick to itself so you can have 'hooks' & 'loops' on the same piece at the right points. Anyways, best plan is to have a play and figure out what works for you.
    Once you have a working strap then grab some more velcro and make up a few because they're sure to disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a Bed Shed or an Archers Bedding store - I use Archers as they are literally 3 minutes away on the bike - 5 min walk and most beds are ex-stock. There must be a bed store in Sheffield like these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see you've changed your background again How about a montage of Ziggies in place of the 'sand' border.

    ReplyDelete