Saturday 8 January 2011

WoW

I feel a little foolish, and I'm incredibly moved, because to be nominated for s'thing by Steve,....well he only says what he means, which has been a bit hurtful to hear at times. And he's actually nominated me, for CTCs Volunteer of 2010, I feel honoured that he recognises the effort, i put in. And indeed the fortunate position i find (put myself) in, with Adult Social Services. And the rest isn't an effort, it's just me being me, and cycling because it's practical.

I do miss s'one to go for pleasurable (not that I don't enjoy what I do)cycle, because it does seem to have been all purposeful my cycling since, Mr Potts and I parted friendship. And I became engrossed in the Inclusive Cycling, There's no doubt about it, I recognise the driving force cycling is in my life, and I want to share that force with others. I just think I need to find a few other interests, or take more notice of my family, maybe?

I only cycled to the bus stop and back today, but I do just love it:) It just ticks all the boxes for me, I feel so energised, and I just can't understand, why those disabled folk who are capable, well why they don't cycle? I certainly don't agree with some sort of Nazi State, where folk don't get an option to how they travel but I have personally freed up so much of my allowance because I cycle more places.

Am I rambling? My children and I went to Jumbos for lunch and ate sooooo much!! I definitely will cycle to Mums tomorrow, unless it snows? I was supposed to be meeting a guy for a coffee tomorrow????? He's just told me he's married :(

Dave?? Hope today went really well. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the thoughts, aside from a slight panic that the person coming to review the visit might go to the wrong place we went skating (something I last tried in 1974). It worked - something the kids had never tried and P(a) actually managed to get out from the rail and skate on open ice. Had a snack and tour of Transport Museum then swim in pool with 'fight the current' channel. Really disappointed that the only swimming now is when I visit, when we used to swim at least once per week. Now all I need is a portfolio of more different and memorable things to do for the year ahead.

    Had a 2-day car hire and stopped o'night in Derby before early return - just as well as yet another flood to fix in Glasgow. Well done for the ride, you are gradually expanding your confidence bubble. How about working on a local ladies and loiterers cycle rides group not going too far or too fast.

    Suggest you also take up the concept of gentlemen friends who get cuddles so that everyone feels comfortable NB you can have as many gentlemen friends as you like and you can tell them about each other Having more than one boyfriend is a recipe for problems....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'd be lucky to find 1 other lady in Totley who wants to join a group.

    ReplyDelete