Monday 17 January 2011

Miriam/Steve

Awwwww, I'm really sad that Miriam from Zest and the Health Champions, unselfishly nominated me for the Garden Party at Buckingham Palace, but couldn't defiantly commit, to come. Because she doesn't know where she will be? And because Steve Marsden (CTC) was eager to go, she sacrificed her place. Steve kept saying it was upto me???? (thanks for making it easy then!!) So on the 12th of July, along with 28,998 thousand other folk, we will go and have tea on the lawns of the Palace. We were having a few jokes about me tearing the lawn up wi my Greenspeed. But we are catching the train. I think we'll both have Cauliflower Ear, because he's as talkative as me!!

Oooooooooooh I've got to buy a dress and a hat!! I'm gonna surf the net to see if a can find a cycle one.....not a helmet.....one with a trike on it!! What do you call hat folk??? is it farriers or is that s'thing else. Oooh I'm all giddy now can you tell???

And in case I haven't emailed you today, the open day for Hillsborough Inclusive Cycling is March the 4th, and it's a Friday not a Thursday, as I may have told many folk in error. It will have new cycles and be packed with attractive looking folk, :D and then there'll be me, with a Smile. Lots of technical cycling folk who can advise you better than I.

I had a long chat with Maggie Cambell today, who has been like my Guardian Angel, kinda offering me advice for the past 22years since my brain damage. I would love it if she could get there, I'm sure she will try. But she's sown the seed about me writing a book again.

5 comments:

  1. A farrier is a horse doctor,
    it is a milliner for hats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/gallery/2005/06/16/Horse_in_a_hat%20cop43y.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if we can get the space at Sheffield Station on the week leadfing up to 4th March to develop cycle awaremess and promote variety of cycling initiatives - Hillsborough is just a tram ride away for those who don't have their own wheeled transport.

    You really should take Ziggy if you can - take a look at Cycle Chic to see how you can be glam and pedal at the same time.

    Do try-out the Dore-Sheffield trains for getting in to town a few times. If we can get you on to the trams as well - hardly any distances to travel for Hillsborough days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally am not physically capable of going to town by rail. And the prospect of taking Ziggy on the tram, on my own does not appeal.

    ReplyDelete