Monday 10 January 2011

Half Marathon???

Not last year, but the 2 previous years, I have supported my friend from Leeds who works for Northern Rail...Paul. Doing Sheffield's half Marathon, and my children have done the Fun Run. To be honest I find it incredibly Stressful watching my children run out the stadium, so I'm not sure how I will cope with that one. But Pauls keen for me to cycle, my kids love it, and hated me for not entering them last year (boo Mum) So I need transport to take Ziggy down there, plus 3 of us. I will maybe phone a few folk tomorrow. I'll have to get special permission and all that...I don't know if I could cycle that far?

I feel happy now :)because My mates just phoned to confirm she wants to go to the Spit on Saturday, plus Sheffield Cycle Chic, wants to meet in Millhouses Park, which suits me fine, because I'm meeting Miriam for lunch on Wednesday.

MMmmmmmm, spoke wi Steve M today who said, 'You get so much support Caroline' from saoooo many folk' And well I'm not quite sure how to take that?? He said he'd nominated me, for volunteer of the year, before Xmas.

My SW boss, phoned me today to arrange to come round to discuss my budget!! Ahhhh I did lol, I asked him if I should get a solicitor!! He wasn't amused, he's never met me. But I got the impression, his guard was up.

5 comments:

  1. Have you forgotten that you could use the train from Dore? Done it once and it worked to Sheffield & back plus of course you'll have 2 other pairs of eyes to spot where the train home is leaving from.

    Less hassle for the short trip to & from Sheffield, and failing that there is always the Bakewell Bus (hardly busy outside rush hours)Ask Pat (unless you read this too late)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the marathon, starts at Don Valley though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to Google Maps, Dore Station to Don Valley Station down the main road is only 6.9 miles. Isn't that about the same as going to see your mum?
    http://tinyurl.com/663zyxu

    Best
    WaitForPete

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really wussy, but I aint at all familiar with the roads, unless they were all closed to traffic, of course. But I aint got a lot of stamina as it is, and would have to train to complete the 12??? is it for the half. My goal for this year is to do a return trip of 4 miles plus a swim in the middle. Which would mean 14ish + 12 ??

    I've only been out to school and the shops, and I feel very 'weak' I'm not in a good state. I'm meeting Cycle Chic, and Miriam, who I went to London with for the POB, to give her a dvd, I'm also calling in to see my Mum. I think I'll call at Bike tree on the way home, to get one of those mileage gauges. And maybe go up to school, however he doesn't seem to need me there any more, and no matter how much I try today has been the first day that I've got off my arse and done the school run. I know it's shameful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Given the date you have allowed plenty of time for forward planning, You'll need to work on a route from Sheffield Station to Don Valley STADIUM - otions might include catching a tram (stops at stadium), using cycleroute (ask Simon G about easy ways to get there) or using route avoiding the whizzabout at the end of the M1 link road, which I'd need to think about or consult Chris R).

    You might want a practice - so if there is another Tour de Frites, or a Tandoori Time Trial/Curry Criterium....

    ReplyDelete