Monday 3 January 2011

My complaint to Community Support

Below is an email, I sent after being advised to do so, I was suprised how it moved me soo.

Horis, I'd be ever so grateful, if you could forward this on to 'Wendy'? The woman who has as much insight into my difficulties as a Gnat!!!! and who kept leaving me messages, (a day too late) on my BT line, which was Out of Order, because of The Flood!! saying if I needed further support, to phone her. Did she just not appreciate the difficulties?

And then sorry Horis, (because I think you are Fab) for you to congratulate me, the following day for coping really well. Yeah, did I have any choice? I had asked for your help the afternoon of the 21st when water was pouring down my stairs. And you had kept me waiting until 'You got back to the office' where you would phone any necessary services for me????? It just ne' happened because apparently s'one had told you, I should learn to be independent. Thank goodness I have some good friends who came to my rescue! So no I still wasn't independent!! Just very lucky to know nice folk.

Although I was grateful for the extra hour, you could spare Cheryl for, to help me sweep up.

I did try phoning Social Services, who claimed 'We don't deal with emergencies!, we are a Social Care Dept!!'

My children aged 12 and 8, stayed at their Dads, I sat in the cold and dark with no electricity till 8pm waiting for a plumber and sparky that didn't show. B4 my darling brother collected me. My kids were so worried about how 'Mum' would cope, which is more than Community Support were

Jenny Brindle and I have been battling through My Review, and I actually said, I felt safe and secure except in emergencies 'Like having a burst, and flood'. I mean how many times have I been put on the 'back burner' because s'one else 's had a crisis???

I'm certainly not wanting a weekly visit, I'm not actually sure I want one at all? I need s'one I can rely on.

Just to let you know? I'm having new ceilings and re plastering and skirting boards and carpets, and laminate floor, to every room in my house apart from 2!!! They've been and taken mine and Finns bed away, to be destroyed, We don't have anywhere to sleep, because I can't get up off the floor because of my disability.

I'm crying as I write this because I actually feel very sorry for myself. And anyone who knows me know, it's just not my thing.

But Ey Up Happy New Year!!

6 comments:

  1. (Ooh, thats a more relaxed colour scheme!)
    At least you'll be getting to start the year with a good 'Spring Clean' and new stuff... ;-) Ok, so not quite as intended. Most folk get a machine in to wash the carpets, not send them away to be cleaned!!! That's posh that is!
    Good to see you back online :)
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it was doin my head in.

    in 2 months time I will have a new house nearly, thats what I keep telling myself.

    Hey it's good to be back, I'm gonna try to have a bit more control over how much it controls me though :)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horis - or Horace presumably a he at the end of the phone line. Sounds like you had your event on the day of the office party, or some other priority activity.....

    I had to deal with an even more crunched up event - at 3pm on 23/12 just as I was about to go out for the last items on Christmas list I get a call to a flood - caused by an ice-blocked drain - The insurace guyt came today - they have shipped 20 people up from London to process the 10's or '000's of claims.

    Damage isn't that bad mostly ceilings and repainting plus a couple of floors, spread over 3 flats... Your's sounds far more dramatic.

    Don't go overboard with the philosophy of Sarcos although there is a fine balance between Stoicism, and engaging the issues full-on. Reminds me that I newed to check on another lady whose landlord opted to go on holiday leaving her with blacked out kitchen lights and fizzing connection in a storage heater - and what looks to be some fittings without earthing connection....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you complained to Horis' superiors? Have you told yor MP and local councillors what a crap service you received from Social Services? Let them all know to make sure that it cannot happen again to you or any other vulnerable person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps - Happy New Year. I've been in bed with flu since last Thursday. I think the Millenium Bug has finallly caught me. Apart from being ill, it's been very relaxing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chin up Chuck. I'd be very surprised if your Social Services want to see you suffering, so keep on plugging away to let them know that as hard as you try, you can only be as independent as your disability allows.

    Nice to see you back, and prefer the new colour scheme to both the black and the yellow.

    ReplyDelete