Wednesday 19 January 2011

Happy

:)Have I told you about my ex hubby and my ex friend before??? I'm sure I have loads of times, am I tiresome when I get repetitive? Anyway, his new sister in law, so Nicky's sister, and her partner, (whose an old colleague of my ex', who I went on the Price Is Right with. Have moved into my Mothers house, and where I lived for 24 years of my life. But I don't mind at all, but I would have been before I took up cycling.

The insurers came to take away the 3 humidifiers and 4 fans that I've been triping over for the past month. And at last he told me that I've been granted everything I put on the list, but I had to receive the go ahead officially to go out and purchase new stuff. My claims guy then phoned and said I could employ my friend as he'd put in the best quote at £3500 for the building work. It will be a big upheaval but worth it I'm sure. New clean start!!! and all that.

I've cycled to school everyday this week, and I feel so much better for it. I have done it because,a little girl was grabbed, but got away outside school last week. So there's a real 'togetherness' at the school gates, and it's nice. My daughter on the other hand walks to school with 7 of her mates.

Ooooh yeah, I've just Put my name down for a really interesting (i scare myself sometimes, for being so 'interested' in things :D)it's a day on Adult Autism. Wow I'm just so interested in all people really, arent you though?

I'm having a telephone meeting tomorrow, to get me some money for taxis etc, help wi the kids etc. Ooooh but I sent this off today as a final vent my spleen

on reflection?I kept pondering over why still no one got what was so very obvious to me?? And that was how economical I am being by using a bit of my own energy. I don't know why I didn't work this out before, as it's obvious that money speaks louder than words or my feelings.

If I got 12 punctures or faults a year?? (It's not that trikes are unreliable, it's just I am not able to fix simple things like punctures, and I have got an extra wheel) It would cost an extra £1516 per year, on paying a PA to fetch my children, taxis to my Mums, taxis to bus stops, my voluntary work. I haven't included extra trips and freedom my Trike allows. The trike I priced up was a mere £1997 a difference of £481, and if you'd begrudge me that after all the campaigning I do, Well Adult Social Care obviously doesn't care very much.

I wrote that first thiung before I'd had a massive uplift from the insurers.

Caroline Waugh

1 comment:

  1. For the Trike,
    I can only suggest you book it into the shop for a robustness work-over. This would include
    Puncture resistant tyres.
    Havy duty inner tubes AND slime.
    Proper rim tape all round.
    Full service on all the bearings and drivetrain.

    I must also say that I am not convinced by this Mountain drive thing which seems to have caused you an awful lot of trouble. IMO it would be better to have a simple chainring on the front sized to give you the same bottom gear as the Mountain Drive system when used against a super wide-range cassette at the rear. You can get these that go from 34-11 which should still allow you to get some speed up on the downhills.

    Best WaitForPete
    This is how Islabikes set up their kid's bikes

    ReplyDelete