Friday 14 January 2011

my new insurance - nearly

http://www.eta.co.uk/insurance/cycle/summary Had a lot of additional offers, like all the usual insurance plus break down cover if you are more than a mile away from home. I know I can usually limp home, but I will get it paid for out of my SDS, so why not??? Also the very green Insurance travel sight was interesting, I copied this....you can ride as a bicycle

Wednesday, 8th September, 2010

A pedal-powered cargo trike that can transform itself into a shopping trolley could be a healthy and cheap alternative to electric mobility scooters.

Many elderly and disabled people rely on pedal trikes for personal transport and the ‘Bag or Bike’ design by Belgian designer Natacha Lesty takes the concept further by allowing it to fold and be used as a wheeled shopping trolley.

If the ‘Bag or Bike’ makes it to production it is likely to be offered with electric-assist as an optional extra.

The rise of the cargo bike
Reports from cycle shops in London suggest that British urban cyclists may be about to finally embrace the cargo bike as a healthy and green way of avoiding congestion and parking costs.

A spokesperson for the Environmental Transport Association (ETA) said: “If the success of the school-run-friendly Christiania cargo trike is the beginning of a trend, then there may soon be a market for the ‘Bag or Bike’, particularly among people who use pedal trikes for independent transport.”

I made myself cycle to the shops, I'm becoming a right recluse at the moment, it's too cold out :( but I'm sure it's been colder? It's because It goes dark so early.

Steve M is coming round to cut my bush wi his big chopper tomorrow, he's doing my mate Julies as well, so he's bringing his friend and collegue Andy round too :)

Oooooooooh yeah, Do you have a record Rob of Ziggys frame number??? Where do I find it?

Change of plan :) I'm off to the pub. Byyyyyeeeeeeeee hiccupxxxx
#

The Spit was good, lots of folk in there. 2 Goldfish bowls of wine, and chips all round. My very grown up daughter 12 goin on 22, decided she wanted to walk home next to me to make sure, I was ok, whist my boy went galavanting off, with his mates. I backed up onto Ziggy, (I'm sure many of you know exactly what I mean) Anyway yep, you guessed it I fell back jabbing my ribs on the handle bar!!!and my arse split in 2 over the cross bar! my head meeting the tarmac. How fortunate, that I always have my helmet on. It sounds dramatic, but not really. This car pulled up beaming his head lights on me, after a while, and it became evident, he wasn't going to offer assistance. My daughter turned to him, and asked if he'd got a problem with her disabled mother, lying on the concrete, in 'his parking space'??? I did smile at her, and told her she was better off fetching Anj, Julie, or Pete, when Anj arrived (big fuss, I hate it) I asked her to pass me an outside chair and I was up in a jiffy.

2 comments:

  1. Ziggy's frame number should be on the inside of the left rear dropout if I remember correctly. I'll ask Carol to check and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bike or bag is OK but,
    ride to the shops
    turn it into a trolly
    fill it with shopping
    wonder how to get home...

    A Cargo bike on the other hand represents the very epitome of practicality.
    And you can do signwriting on the side. Like I'm fing disabled now fq off for example.

    ReplyDelete